Smartwatches and Wearables - Sleep as Android

Hello! Can you use recently developed Notify for smartwatches app to support xiaomi mi watch and other watches?

1 Like

Will support for the new Samsung watch 4 be added?

Hello, are you planning on supporting iGET FIT smartwatches as well? I’d like to use your app but I’m not able to connect it with my watch.

This would be an awesome feature :slight_smile:

@petr-urbandroid, I saw you use the TicWatch 3 Pro with SPO2 - I’m considering buying one but I’m concerned with battery life. My venerable Pebble 2 is dying, having survived replacement of its buttons and an awful lot of years of use, but it still ekes out 3-5 days on a charge, and TicWatch 3 Pro seems rated to 3 days at most; but it also advertises Essentials mode for running much longer. Will sleep tracking with Sleep still work if the watch is in Essentials mode? If so I’m thinking I’d flip to that at night (don’t want notifications/etc. when I’m asleep anyway!) and then go back to Active during the day, might get me to 5-6 days of runtime on a charge.

If it won’t sleep track in Essentials mode I think it’s a toss-up for me between the TW3 and a Galaxy Watch 4 (quite interested in that BIA sensor, but not as interested as I am in longer runtime between charges!)

Hello @cbarn … I’m also a long time Pebble user and honestly nothing comes even close to the Pebble experience, still I have gone for the TicWatch 3 Pro as the least bad option - expecially because of the always on display - in other words I would not go for any other Wear OS watches… Anyway you with sleep tracking I need to charge the watch every day or every other day… in essential mode the watch won’t be able to run sleep tracking as 3rd party apps won’t work…

I would definitely not recommend GW4 - SPO2 sensor is private - only Samsung can use it and they are really killing even what there was good on Wear OS… recetnly they added a restrition that apps can only run in background if you specifically allow them to in a special hidden menu… you can read about it here:

Probably to hide the fact that the watch so battery hungry by itself… when you are actively using the watch you can see how you are constantly loosing % of battery…

1 Like

Thank you @petr-urbandroid, I really appreciate the quick & thoughtful response - TicWatch 3 Pro it is! I’d just stick with the Pebble but the BT radio is failing on it so it’s time to part ways. :frowning_face:

Does the Verity Sense work with Sleep As Android with Bluetooth OFF during usage, and then later connecting it to sync? I would prefer this type of usage as I don’t like Bluetooth and minimize EMF.

No - Sleep As Android requires real-time access to the device to support smart wake up.

Hello there!

I’ve been using your app for a few years now, and I truly love it, add it gives my doctor’s and me insight to my sleep patterns and any associated problems being experienced.

I recently acquired Fitbit’s Charge 5, and it does allow the use of apps with its device& mobile app - a whole slew that goes on for pages and pages.

Does this mean that it’s possible to integrate this device with SaA?

@BeckieSueDalton at the moment we are unable to integrate FitBit Charge 5, sorry about that. In terms of FitBit we can integrate devices which allow apps on them like Sense or Ionic. But honestly the APIs from FitBit are so limited that this whole integration may not work 100% at al circumstances, We need to runa webserver on your phoen to make tis even possible and various battery optimizations on the FitBit devices make it hard to get 100% of the data from the whole night… hope that helps…

Hi there,

I’m wondering if you guys plan on supporting the newly released Xiaomi Watch S1 and S1 Active?

They have sleep tracking features, an SpO2 sensor and more. I know that it might not be possible but this would be great as it’s just launched and seems to be very popular in Asia where I currently am.

Keep up the good work

Hello @Matthew_Landwehr, in general Xioami / Amazfit / Zepp wearables are completely closed. They do not feature any APIs which could 3rd party use to do any integrations. There are heroes like Zdenek Horak of Tools & Mi Band/ Amazfit or Matteo Notify & Fitness who are spending month trying to understand the binary protocols of the those devices + we have a wearable integration API https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org/devs/wearable_api.html… So we would never be able to integrate those closed proprietary devices, both those bluetooth sniffing geniuses implemented our API and made it possible.

To conclude we are in a situation completely dependent on whether Zdenek or Matteo will be able to crack those new devices or not. At the moment I do not see support for the Xiaomi Watch devices so I expect there are technical issues.

1 Like

I have been trying in vain to get my fitbit Versa to work with the app.

I downloaded the app on my phone and my watch. I have the wearables set to fitbit, the fitbit app on my phone is connected and connecting with my watch, but no matter what I try the sleep app can’t seem to find it.

Any suggestions?

Edit: do not ask me how, but it suddenly started working!

Hi,
On the graph where it shows your sleep phases of that night there are red lines. This mostly only occurs when I am using my samsung galaxy watch 3. Is there a way to correct this?
Thanks

Hi, is the smartwatch or wearable data used in lucid dreaming feature? if so what is the adviced device for this? I will purchase one but I dont know which one could serve better only for lucid dreaming feature

1 Like

Is support for the watch 5 coming?

Does anyone know if the new Fitbit Sense 2 will work with sleep, as the original did?

I am assuming it does, as the interaction is through the Fitbit App, but Fitbit have removed 3rd Party Apps from the Sense 2.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20221009_075826|690x136

Looking forward to support for the Pixel Watch! I get “silent” notifications for alarms on the watch that I can snooze or dismiss, but it would be great for the watch to actually vibrate when an alarm goes off.