Smartwatches and Wearables - Sleep as Android

Hello,
is there any way how to connect evolveo fitband (b3)? Or if it’s not yet, will be there support for EVOLVEO as well?

Hello @Any, I do not think EVOLVEO has any API we could use… please check https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org/devices/wearables.html

Oh, that’s pity. But thanks for your reply. Never mind, I still like this sleep App. :blush:

this one I agree and support people.

Hello, will the Xiaomi Wear (mi watch and mi watch lite app) be supported someday? Thanks :slight_smile:

+1

Is there plans for the MI Watch to be supported?

Hello @Jonathan_Gore, many thanks for your interest. Honestly we would never had the resources to develop integration with a closed proprietary device without any API like Mi Bands.

Only Bluetooth sniffing geniuses like Zdenek Horak of Mi Band Tools or Matteo of Notify & Fitness can do that. We do not have the skill and the effort would be bigger than all the integrations we did so far with Pebble, Galaxy, Garmin, Wear OS, FitBit etc… together… Basically you need to reverse engineer all the communication from a stream of binary data and find out the meaning in that.

That being said the question is really on Zdenek and Matteo… But I have just looked at their websites and do not see any mentions of Mi Watch which leads me to the assumption that Mi Watch is probably completely different than Mi Band in terms of OS/comminucation protocol etc… and it will take a long time before someone cracks it… but you never know…

With latest update, is it possible to connect polar vantage v2 to sleep as android? https://support.polar.com/en/updates/polar-vantage-v2-30-firmware-update?product=Vantage+V2

Hello, Im not well versed in this topic but I found there is a Huawei thing called health kit for developers and it seems to be able to provide access to an API to retrieve health related data from the wearable. :slight_smile: I hope it’s useful… Hopefully because I have a Huawei watch fit TvT I know it won’t be done any time soon but one can always hope that someday v because the Huawei algorithm for calculating sleeping hours is honestly very bad… It thinks I’m sleeping when I’m fully awake but just laying somewhere and reading on a different device… Once it even considered that I was napping at the microscope, guess because it was dark and I barely moved my left hand? Don’t know … Please help retrieve heart rate TvT

1 Like

Hello @Jime_M … this would only allows us to get access to ex post aggregated data. We already to this with Google Fit and Samsung Health where we sync data to and from the health services. But I do not think it would make sense to integrate Huawei “Health”…

Integrating a wearable is a different story, in this case we need access to live sensor data in real time to support features such as smart wake up, awake detection or lucid dreaming etc…

For long time there were no APIs for Huawei wearables…

Now there is one API which developers may start using:
https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/doc/development/connectivity-Guides/service-introduction-0000000000018585
But this does not include accelerometer sensor so we cannot do actigraphy

There is another API which may be potentially useful
https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/device-virtualization
but at the moment this is not public and no details about what will be possible are known…

So I guess we cannot integrate Huawei at the moment but we are watching this

1 Like

So after a very frustrating experience with a Fitbit Sense (HR sensor inaccuracies, step counters going beserk when riding my motorcycle, etc) on top of tons of issues with the Sleep integration (tracking works for a few days then stops in the middle of the night), I decided I needed something reliable. The only good thing was battery life… (~2weeks)

Started using Sleep a few years ago with my phone as a tracker. Upgraded to a MiBand 4. Cheap device, worked surprisingly well! Used Notify and Fitness app (3rd party app). App is a complete mess of menus and config but once you get it right it worked great. Had ~2weeks battery life tracking ~8h of sleep a night + 30min of activity tracking a day. Unfortunately, after 18months, the battery started to degrade significantly and I would get barely 5-6 days. This is when I bought the Fitbit Sense…

Re-reading the thread here, I was hesitant to buy a WearOS device (especially with the current status of Wear OS 3). The MiBand 6 is impossible to get here… I considered the Amazfit line but I find them too bulky…

Then I thought “hey I need a GOOD HR tracker for running / treadmill”. I have an old Polar cheststrap that works great for this but is kind of stuff but the electrodes need to stay wet/humid.

So I went back to Polar - picked up a Verity Sense armband sensor. This thing is AMAZING. SUPER lightweight. Very confortable to wear (you barely feel it). HR is super accurate during running / treadmill. Sleep integration is awesome as well : turn the device on, start sleep tracking. It supports movement and HR with HRV. Battery life is listed as 20h. Since you turn it on / off manually, I can get 2 night of sleep + 2 training session between charge. After that, it’s around 20-30%. On the plus side, the Polar Flow app keeps your screen on (on Android at least) in treadmill mode so you see your HR live so you can tweak your speed in real time.

Only “problem” is that the status LED blinks purple when Sleep is pulling data… and this thing is BRIGHT… you can see it with your eyes closed. A small bit of tape is all that is needed.

Charging is super quick as well with such as small battery.

So if you’re considering a smart watch / fitness tracker for sleep integration and exercise tracking, give the Verity Sense a good look. I was completely dismissing those at first but now that I’m wearing my regular watch, it feels great not having to charge my time keeping device lol (I wear a Citizen Eco-Drive… for those not familiar, they have a solar-charging face so no battery change required)

3 Likes

@petr-urbandroid What wearable has the best integration with the app? Amazing work btw, I’ve been using Sleep since 2015 with miband 2, 3, 4 and currently with mi band 6 :slight_smile: I am considering to get a fitbit though…

Mi Band is good, but it’s a shame that SPO2 isn’t integrated (no fault of the SaA dev though).

@antwan this is a very hard question. if Pebble would be still around that probably Pebble. The wearable market is far from ideal and it is very hard to find devices with have open APIs and good battery life.

Mi Bands and Amazfit are great options - they are cheap have a great battery life, but they can break the BT-sniffed/reverse engineered integration any time with any firmware update.

For me now most promising looks Wear OS 3.0 - personally I use TicWatch 3 Pro with SPO2 sensor and use respiratory analysis every day…

2 Likes

Hello! Can you use recently developed Notify for smartwatches app to support xiaomi mi watch and other watches?

1 Like

Will support for the new Samsung watch 4 be added?

Hello, are you planning on supporting iGET FIT smartwatches as well? I’d like to use your app but I’m not able to connect it with my watch.

This would be an awesome feature :slight_smile:

@petr-urbandroid, I saw you use the TicWatch 3 Pro with SPO2 - I’m considering buying one but I’m concerned with battery life. My venerable Pebble 2 is dying, having survived replacement of its buttons and an awful lot of years of use, but it still ekes out 3-5 days on a charge, and TicWatch 3 Pro seems rated to 3 days at most; but it also advertises Essentials mode for running much longer. Will sleep tracking with Sleep still work if the watch is in Essentials mode? If so I’m thinking I’d flip to that at night (don’t want notifications/etc. when I’m asleep anyway!) and then go back to Active during the day, might get me to 5-6 days of runtime on a charge.

If it won’t sleep track in Essentials mode I think it’s a toss-up for me between the TW3 and a Galaxy Watch 4 (quite interested in that BIA sensor, but not as interested as I am in longer runtime between charges!)