Oximeter - Sleep as Android

I would like to be a beta tester. Thank you.

Hello, if you are interested in becoming our BETA tester, please first join our BETA Testers group at:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sleep-as-an-droid
That you can opt-into the BETA at the following address:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.urbandroid.sleep
Or simply by visiting our Play Store listing and tapping “Join BETA”

After that, you should be starting receiving the latest BETA updates through the Play Store. The app updates automatically - you will see a tiny β symbol on the icon.

To discuss BETA channel related issues please use our forum at: https://forum.urbandroid.org/c/beta

We would be more than happy if you would consider joining the community and provide us with feedback on the latest features.

Is this still available because I would be interested trying something out that is less bulky and more accurate.

Yes, addon is still available in Google Play Store

I am sorry to let you know guys.

Go2Sleep ring vendor ask me to pay 8000 USD for adding movement data streaming to their device.
Only after that I can integrate Go2Sleep ring movement into SAA.

I develop all plugins for free in my spare time.
I’m not sure I’m ready to pay Go2Sleep vendor this money.

Hi Den, that sounds like they are not really interessted in this, and just putting a high price on it and hoping nobody want to pay this.

But another question:
Do you know if HRV data is available from the Go2Sleep ? On their homepage with pictures of the app, they show HRV data.
It would ne nice if Heart Rate, HRV and SpO2 would be available with a standard bluetooth protocol.
It might used for monintoring as “Bluetooth Smart” or “Pulse Oximeter” in parallel with another wearable for motition detection and vibration alarm.

No, it’s not available with a standard bluetooth protocol, because Go2Sleep does not support this protocol.
I do not think Go2Sleep team will share their source code for we can modify firmware and bring features to their device even for free.
They want me to pay, only then we can do integration

Just got Galaxy Watch 3 with pulse oximeter. What is the timeline for enabling this feature on SAA?

Like others, I was hoping to have HR, O2 and movement all tracked through the Go2Sleep ring/finger tracker. A lot of data does go into the SleepOn app. The movement data is not as good as SAA but there is data on “toss and turn” and “sleep levels” which do not show up in SAA when the Go2Sleep tracker is integrated. Kinda sucks since Bluetooth can only connect to one item so it’s either my Galaxy Watch/SAA (which would give me HR and movement) or the Go2Sleep/SAA (which gives me HR and O2).

So, I do get most of the data I want with Go2Sleep. It would just be nice to have it all in one place.

@Gideon_Strich we have just recently enabled SPO2 tracking on TicWatch 3 Pro and next we are looking into Garmin and Galaxy watches… my collegue @jiri-urbandroid is working on this… I think we has some prototypes already? Am I right?

1 Like

What @Den has done with the Go2Sleep ring is great, but a feature I think is really needed in SAA is the ability to combine an arbitrary wearable with and arbitrary pulse oximeter at least. For example, I use Android Wear as the sleep tracking sensor (tracking movements) because I find it much more convenient than having the phone in the bed. However, I also want to track o2 saturations. Currently this is possible with the SAA-endorsed oximeter from “Happy” Electronics aka StressLocator which I own. However, the design of that oximeter is not great. I purchased the Go2Sleep ring thinking I would be able to simply use that instead of the StressLocator, but it seems that is not possible even with the add-on by @Den.

I understand SAA may not have the resources to incorporate every new wearable natively, but there should at least be an API so we can integrate arbitrary oximeters into SAA like the Go2Sleep ring while still using the built-in wearables (such as Wear OS) for movement and/or HR tracking. As of now I have to choose between sleep movement and HR tracking (Wear OS) or HR and oxygen saturations (Go2Sleep with add-on).

Hello @zaventh and @Den , many thanks… please note that we already have such API…

Sorry if this is some miss-communication on our end… SPO2 is there for quite some time and now we have added all the HRV features just now (BETA channel) which allows anyone willing to integrate access to the set of HRV feature described here: https://sleep.urbandroid.org/hrv-tracking/

Oh there is one glitch I guess… in a situation when you want to run multiple add-ons you would need to set Setting > Wearables > Use wearables > Automatic… this way the app will send all the messages about starting tracking, stopping etc… to all known addons installed on your phones… So if someone integrates just SPO2 no problem… Sleep will send a start message and stop so that the addon can control when the service is running and than listens on any SPO2 updates to include them in the sleep graph… I did not test this though as this use-case is a bit special IMHO… but I do not see a reason this would not work well IMHO…

1 Like

Thanks @petr-urbandroid. As a new beta tester I’m looking forward to trying it!

Thanks @petr-urbandroid, I didn’t pick that up from this thread. I tested Android Wear and the Go2Sleep ring add-on @Den built on the beta version of SAA. In my testing, even setting the “Use Wearables” to automatic did not actually combine both; it seems to choose the first one it connects to and uses only that one. I tried many permutations of selecting each one as the HR sensor and enabling/disabling the oximeter selection, but in practice only one would work at a time still. In a few days I will look into the API myself and see if I can debug it further.

Well, I’ll be darned. It worked. I use a Galaxy Watch and Go2Sleep and did the following (My phone is a Galaxy S8 so I don’t know if that makes a difference.) In the settings, I selected “Automatic” for the Wearables but split the trackers for individual tasks. For "Heart Rate Monitoring, I selected the Galaxy Watch and for oximeter monitoring connected to the Go2Sleep. And what do you know…

2 Likes

Interesting. Unfortunately I just retested that exact configuration with Wear OS + Go2Sleep and while they both seem to connect (both vibrate and movement is tracked via watch, HR is shown on screen) no HR or O2 data is displayed at the end of the session.

Is there some kind of minimum time a sleep session needs to run before HR/O2 stats are displayed? I’ve been running tests about 10 minutes each…

Do you have the SleepOn app installed on your device? If so, does it display any data? I have that on my phone and it interfered with the SAA app until I reconfigured SAA yesterday. I think the data goes to either one or the other but not both. Although I got all the data into SAA last night, the SleepOn app could not download any data from the Go2Sleep ring today even though it connected to it.

Thanks, I had the SleepOn app installed and data showed fine there, though I never used it overnight. I just uninstalled it to make sure it wasn’t interfering and results are the same. It will connect to either the Wear OS or Go2Sleep ring, but not both.

Hi Petr
I have the sleep phaser and the go2sleep add on. I set “use wearables” to automatic but it doesn’t pick up hr nor o2. I tried selecting the go2sleep add on by itself and setting use hr and use spo2 checkboxes but none of those settings help. Looks like sleep phaser overrides any wearable integration? Any way around this?