Oximeter - Sleep as Android

I already measured 2 nights with my ticwatch 3 pro :)…graph_detail_20201007_23.03

The feature is experimental… but is already released in yesterdays BETA…

If I do not tighten up the band enough I have quite a lot of periods without data, but last measurement (on the image) it was tighten properly…

3 Likes

Den,
I read you post and would like to get information from you on what would be needed to become a tester for your sensor. I would also ask that you reach out to me with any info on the availability on the Beta Tester Program as well if possible.

Thank you in advance,
Brian

It is already released on Google Play

Any more feedback on the Ticwatch Pro 3?, will it measure HR, Oxygen, movement, etc to effectively use it to diagnose sleep apnea?

1 Like

Hi,
I saw that the honor Band 5 has a SpO2 Monitor. Could this be an inexpensive alternative for pulse and O2 measurement with SaA?
Is it or will it be supported?

Hello Evox, sorry about that but Honor bands do not have any APIs which would allow us to integrate them. We are now working on SPO2 on some Wear OS devices and potentially Garmin…

Any input on if support will be coming to galaxy wearables? I am currently using a galaxy watch active 2. Any information is greatly appreciated! Also available to test if it would be helpful. Thank you for all your hard work!

Hello, maybe @jiri-urbandroid can comment on Galaxy watch?

Yes, unfortunately as far as I know Samsung hasn’t published the API for the SpO2 sensor so we cannot read data from it. However I believe it’s just a matter of time when they add it…

1 Like

Thank you for this! I just bought tickwatch pro 3 and it’s already working with your app. Can you explain to me how often it measures spo2? Built-in app can do it only every hour 24 hours. Can your app get around it and measure sp02 more frequently during sleep?

I bought mi band, and after bought go2sleep.
I want to get movement by mi band, other go2sleep ring(SpO2, HR).
Can I do this? How to do it? Please tell.

Sorry, simple English.

Hi, I have a amazfit band 5 with spO2 sensor. I’m using it with Sleep as Android through the Notify & Fitness app. I’d like to know if there’s any way or plan to use this band as oximeter on SAA. According to N&F, they plan to add the spO2 support soon.

3 Likes

Hi sorry for joining this conversation so late, but I am trying to find if there is currently a solution for tracking SPO2, HR, and movement simultaneously using either 1 device or 2? I currently use a Galaxy Active 2 for tracking HR and movement and am looking at incorporating SPO2 data as well. Thanks!

I double that. I can even set the band to continuously monitor SpO2 while I’m sleeping in Notify & Fitness (I can confirm that the sensor is working for sure, because it flashes red), but for now neither Notify & Fitness nor Sleep as Android don’t make use of that data. I would love to monitor my breath with these awesome apps and Amazfit Band 5 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that’s quite an unfair characterization to make based on one interaction. Their website does suck, but it’s not a shell company. I just received a pulse-oximeter and 2 “phaser” sleep-tracking lamps from them today. I was actually surprised how quickly the package arrived, given I ordered them only on 12/27. (Shipped from Oregon instead of EU, apparently.)

That said, I’m not very happy with the pulse-oximeter. Haven’t gotten to use it for sleep yet (it’s only 22:30 where I am), but the interface, the instructions, and the app are pretty terrible. Worst of all: I haven’t even been able to get it to connect to SAA yet. Grrrrrrr.

Wishing I had considered the possibility that newer, nicer 3rd party trackers (like go2sleep) were available … and hoping that the SAA team updates their docs/suggestions soon.

I third this. Still waiting for my Amazfit Band 5 to arrive, but hoping that it would be a better experience than with go2sleep. Looking forward to complete experience – all sleep metrics (SpO2, movement, heart rate, smart alarm) in one place synced to google fit.

1 Like

I’ve been using SaS for a while and very happy with it, but need overnight oximeter readings to monitor my possible sleep apnea. Go2Sleep has not been available for purchase for some time here in Australia, and its quite costly at $185 AUD. I don’t feel comfortable making any purchase from Happy Electronics. The Amazfit Band 5 is very reasonably priced here at around $50 AUD, but I don’t really want to wear another device overnight and also have to use use another app. My Garmin Forerunner 235 watch is good for everything except VO2. At the moment I am checking eBay for a pre-owned Go2Sleep - if no success I might have to consider the Band 5.

Hello is it possible to use a “Pulse Oximeter” for HeartRate, HRV & SPO2 and at the same time a wearable (Amazfit Band 5) for Acceleromter/Motion and smart alaram vibrations?

And if it is possible, are only the pulse oximeter from happy electronics compatible (e.g. https://www.happy-electronics.eu/shop/en/biofeedback/39-alert-stresslocator-oximeter.html) with this option, or can also the Go2Sleep ring be used with the pulse oximeter option in combination with an wearable?

And does the Go2Sleep ring provide also HRV and can the HeartRate, HRV & SPO2 be read over BLE ? Or only with the wearable add-on ?

Hello @Ex3c , yes this is possible, you can use a Happy Electronic oximeter and in parallel track sleep with an Amazfit device, please just check if it is supported by Tools & Amazfit for sleep tracking…

regarding Go2Sleep I’m not entirely sure at which stage is the integration as the moment, sorry… as this is developer by a 3rd party group…

Hi petr, thanks for the quick reply.
I already use the Amazfit Band 5 with the wearable add-on for Notify&Fitness and it works.

But HRV seems to be not directly available on the amazfit band 5, only a stress level that is sonehow calculated from the hrv.
Also SpO2 is currently not available in Notify&Fitness ( i think it is the same in Tools&Amazfit), and it is uncertain when it will be available.

So i am looking for a solution to get HRV and SpO2 from a different sensor, that can be run in parralel. And my impression was that the oximeter could do this.

It is nice that you can confirm that a happy electronic oximeter can be run in parallel. But their devices looks a little bit bulky, and i fear they are no very comfortable to wear them while sleeping.

Thats why i am looking for a different solution.
Can you say what properties a device has to have, so that i can be run in parallel to an amazfit wearable?
Is there a standard protocol for heart rate, hrv and spo2 data over BLE ?
And if the device provides that data with the standard protocol, is it suffecient?

I understand that you can not give informations about a third party development.

But maybe, as some other users seems to already have/use the Go2Sleep ring, they can give some more information.