Oximeter - Sleep as Android

So just confirming you have dowloaded @Den’s o2ring SAA add on and configured it to read your o2ring? Were you able to test just the o2ring for spo2 and HR within SAA? Once that works, set wearables to automatic and it should be able to pick up movement (and HR if you want) from the watch and SPO2 from o2ring.

Yes, though I only just noticed the How to Use section on the play store which mentions “do not enable Pulse Oxymeter menu item” so perhaps just that needs unchecking. I’ll need to experiment further.

I would like to b a tester. I have COPD n have to keep track of my O2 stat constantly. Thank you…

Is it possible to setup the Go2sleep ring without ever installing their app? Or at the very least, without register for any sort of account with their services? Or is that a required prerequsite? Also, do you happen to have a link where to buy one on Amazon?

I would interested in this, if I can find a way to buy one from Amazon, and
I don’t have to create any accounts with their websites or cloud services.

Hi @petr-urbandroid
Any chance an add-on could be developed to allow integration of the light phaser movement sensor as just another wearable? It could then be used with all the other wearables, like Wear OS watches, the o2ring add on, amazfit and mi bands, etc… when wearables is set to automatic. I think it would be a great option for many, even without the extra smart light features. Do you think this would this be possible?

Honestly, I think it would make sense for there to be a separate configure option, for each of the metrics/data that SAA can track, that allows to select which device or service to obtain that data from.

This would make it much more straightforward and allow positive user control over which devices are used for what.

2 Likes

Anywhere other than “shopify” to buy one? Why no Amazon listing?

Hi @Den have you seen the recent sleepon app go2sleep updates? The app now tracks HRV. I only used it a few times and it doesn’t match my other bands but thought it was an interesting development.

Hello everybody,
I was wondering if anybody managed to get SAA working with WearOS and O2ring for O2 tracking: I’ve tried multiple ways and I can never get O2 ring data in SAA (unless I select it as the only device).

I have the O2ring plugin installed and configured to send oxygen levels to SAA, in SAA I have “automatic” selected for wearables and I have ticked heart rate sensor from WearOS and O2 from Bluetooth (O2ring), however the O2 data is never recorded by SAA.
I have also tried now to disable pulse oximeter from SAA as suggested by @hastarin but it’s still not working.

Could anybody who got it working please share with me the configuration you are using?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with wear OS. I am finding the wear OS connection may be somehow blocking o2ring data. The O2ring add on is notified by SAA to start tracking/sending data but SAA doesn’t seem to be able to accept anything coming from o2ring. I have raised a bug report. It may be a good idea for you to raise a bug report as well (different watch so could be useful for the developers).

@Michael unfortunately I have no go2sleep device to test and integrate HRV.

short update on my side: I have used Google Play “contact support” feature on SAA to ask for more information, unfortunately the information I received from support were definitely clashing and not clearing up anything: first they stated that tracking with multiple devices (WearOS and O2ring) was outright not supported, when I asked to add support for it they refused it on the grounds it would drain too much battery; but then they said something along the lines of “it would work if it can use BTLE and can be set as Bluetooth Pulse oximeter” - which is the exact setting that I have and support claimed to be unsupported the day before…

anyway I have now been successful 2 nights in a row in using both wear os and o2ring for tracking separate things:

• wearos tracks movement and heart beat
  • o2ring tracks oxygen level

the way I got it to work:

• install SAA and O2ring plugin (duh)
  • when bedtime comes, SAA sends me a notification and O2ring plugin starts in background
  • when I get in bed I wear O2ring and open SAA
  • I wait for the ring to display the bluetooth icon (meaning it’s connected), and then I start sleep tracking

In Settings - Wearables I have:

• Use wearables: automatic
  • Heart rate monitoring: Wear OS
  • Pulse Oximeter Bluetooth: O2ring

can’t attach screenshot for proof so you’ll have to trust me

3 Likes

I have not been able to select the Go2Sleep wearable. Every time it directs me to the store to download the add-on, which I’ve already installed and connected. SAA does not record anything. I have the beta version of SAA and beta of add-on. What else can I do? I think I saw a post a while back that pointed to a particular release version. SAA is not detecting the add-on in latest or beta versions. Please help! I bought this Go2Sleep for nothing if I can’t get it to work. I’ve reported this as a bug, but they keep telling me to go to beta. Didn’t work. It should detect all versions, not just one particular version. Does the add-on need updating? Who owns it?

Doesn’t bedtime notification start sleep tracking? So when you say you start sleep tracking - is that via the wear os watch or mobile?

I have this issue as well on a nokia 2.3. Have you tried setting wearables to automatic? That bypasses individual plug in selection requirement but the issue should be fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Michael. I already had it set to Automatic from an older device. It doesn’t see the Go2Sleep add-on at all, which also prevents its data collection.

Urbandroid has advised me that they will beta an update tomorrow or soon thereafter. I will test it and post back here. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’ve had trouble with the O2Ring add-on not being recognized by SaA as well. @Den perhaps the add-on UI could display indications of receiving ring data (not just that the device is recognized) and sending ring data to SaA? Maybe log the data?

When it’s working as expected SaA it displays heart rate as it receives initial ring data
Does SaA log its wearables communication activity?

1 Like

They updated latest Beta to recognize the latest Go2Sleep add-on. I can confirm that it is working and SAA is recording sensor data including heart rate and O2 readings. :tada:

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up, James. Tracking with O2Ring add-on is currently working again (prior to installing https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/sleep-20211230-beta-release.apk). Hopefully the beta will eliminate the intermittent connection failures.