Oximeter - Sleep as Android

Hi @Den, I have tried both the Go2Sleep and O2Ring apps to read the Wellue PC-60FW but none did the trick.

Not sure if the protocol and settings are different for each of these Wellue models but if possible, can the PC-60FW be added as well? In my mobile it shows up as PC-60F_SN841670. (with a dash which is slightly different from what @Aristajos informed.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hello @Uberrob, many thanksā€¦ Iā€™m adding thsi to our TODOā€¦

2 Likes

I use the Go2Sleep O2 ring with my Galaxy Watch to track O2, HR and movement during sleep. Itā€™s also integrated into Samsung Health.

I originally installed the Sleep On app but found it wildly inaccurate. You donā€™t need it installed to use the Go2Sleep ring. You canā€™t do any modifications on the add-on as it simply tells you what data can be collected (movement can not) and letā€™s you connect to your ring (Mine appears as Go2Sleep 1191 and the MAC address)

I have to wear both the watch and the Go2Sleep as I use the watch for HR and movement, and the ring for O2.

For a long time, I couldnā€™t get everything to work at the same time until I found a little routine every night that works:

• I run an ā€œoptimizeā€ app that shuts down all unused apps on my phone (I have a Samsung Galaxy S8)
  • While the Go2Sleep is still on its base, I start the add-on.
  • If the Add-On Service is started, I stop it.
  • At the top ā€œSelected Device for Trackingā€ I ā€œChoose Anotherā€ regardless of whether or not mine is already listed there.
  • I select my Go2Sleep ring and then proceed to start the add-on service.
  • I take the ring off the base but DO NOT PUT IT ON YET. If you put it on, it will look for the SleepOn app and wonā€™t connect to SAA.
  • With the ring off the base but not on my finger, I open SAA and Start Sleep Tracking
  • When I see the ring connected (It shows up as Go2Sleep 1191 for me), I put the ring on and Iā€™m ready for the night.

This is the data I had this morning (Samsung Health shows no sleep time or efficiency):

1 Like

I have the sleepon app installed and it doesnā€™t interfere with the go2sleep ring addon working with SAA. I prefer the o2ring as the spo2 readings appear to be more accurate when compared to other o2 devices but both rings work with SAA with their respective apps installed. What is critical is to shut down their native apps by pressing the back button twice to exit.

1 Like

Hi all, I purchased the Go2sleep ring but have not been able to get both heart rate and SPO2 recorded in SAA, only SPO2. I have not also been able to get the ring sharing SAA with my Faster 3 wear watch, choosing Automatic seems to prevent me getting either stat captured. My current issue is that even though I have the Go2sleep add-on installed and have tried uninstalling, each time I try to select the add-on in the wearables list, it just redirects me to play store. It seems as SAA is not recognizing that the add-on is actually already installed. Anyone have any ideas? My SAA version is 20210717 (22452)

Will SAA integrate oximeter data from the Mi Band 6? Just bought one and I hear that it now tracks SpO2 data during sleep.

Hi @petr-urbandroid, with all the multiple device testing going on, would it be possible to include connected device information on the active session screen? I have been using a gts 2 mini, o2ring and ble hr wrist band for hrv and Iā€™m finding they arenā€™t always connecting as they should, with no way to ascertain the issue until morning. I think it could be helpful, at least for testing/beta purposes, to include connected device and the sensor type it provides. The issues have started with more recent updates and trouble shooting is very difficult without such info.

Would this be possible?

4 Likes

Received a Phaser and tried to use it in SAA in duo with my Go2Sleep ring for SpO2 and heart rate. But SAA uses only the Phaser. When I disconnect the Phaser, SAA uses the Go2Sleep.
Thereā€™s no way to use booth ?

Thank you! This would be an amazingly useful feature

@Uberrob in next BETA version there is an ringtone option (including silent) and vibration repeat option (including zero) in Settings > Wearable > low breath rate alarm

To get the BETA please first join our BETA Testers group at:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sleep-as-an-droid
That you can opt-into the BETA at the following address:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.urbandroid.sleep
or simply by visiting our Play Store listing and tapping ā€œJoin BETAā€

1 Like

This is great @petr-urbandroid - thank you for adding this

Iā€™m getting a red bar on SAA since using Go2Sleep wearable. I installed Donā€™t Kill My Apps after being reading troubleshooting but I donā€™t understand it or anything else. Go2Sleep still has connectivity issues after I remove it in the morning, therefore unable to synchronize for my report. Iā€™m about ready to ****can all of this. I have sleep apnea, wear a mask but donā€™t have a doctor so I wanted to be able to track my sleep. I do get low breath and snoring alarms during the night with the oximeter and SAA so Iā€™ll keep trying.

What kind of connection issues? Could you describe what you do, what you expect and what you get

I would love to be a tester! Iā€™ve been trying to decide on a monitor and was thinking about the polar H10 but your ring looks much less obtrusive. What is process to become a tester?

Join beta program with SAA and download Go2Sleep addon from Google Play Store

Regarding Sleep Phaser + Wearableā€¦ we know about this requirement. But honestly it is quite a big amount of work and we are very busy recently with other tasks around the app. So I cannot really promise anything ā€¦ sorryā€¦

Iā€™m a long time SaA user and have been using the Sleep Phaser (original version) for quite some time. More recently Iā€™ve got an O2 Ring and now a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 (Classic).

Ideally Iā€™d use the O2 Ring for SPO2 and Heart Rate and the Sleep Phaser for movement, since I like to throw the watch on charge while I sleep, but Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s still not possible?

Failing that does anyone know if there is a way to use the Galaxy Watch 4 for movement and heart rate and also the O2 Ring for SPO2, and just give up on the Sleep Phaser?

Between the different addons, check boxes for bluetooth, etc itā€™s all VERY confusing as to what/how to get things working. For now I guess Iā€™ll be experimenting over the coming nights.

1 Like

The watch should work with the o2ring add on if you set wearables to automatic. Thatā€™s what I have been doing with my gts 2 mini and o2ring. Also check the wearables heart rate and wearables spo2 boxes. Whether the watch provides heart rate or o2ring will depend on the watch settings - I have my o2ring providing spo2/hr every 1 second and find the add on is excellent (thanks @Den).

1 Like

Thanks for the advice @Michael

I have tried running with just the watch, and with both devices. I do get Heart Rate in SaA but not SPO2, though I do get the SPO2 report (min, max) in Samsung Health. I notice SaA is missing awake times that the watch/Samsung picks up.

At this stage Iā€™m thinking of just going back to the Sleep Phaser with SaA, and just wear the watch and/or O2 Ring when I feel like it to compare them.

Is Samsung Health getting SPO2 from the watch or O2Ring? I didnā€™t think the O2Ring communicated with Samsung Health?

Is Samsung Health getting SPO2 from the watch or O2Ring? I didnā€™t think the O2Ring communicated with Samsung Health?

Correct, itā€™s coming from the watch. I actually just found it does have a graph in there under another button, though, like the heart rate, itā€™s not nearly as detailed as what you can get out of the O2Ring.