Oximeter - Sleep as Android

Could you describe how API should be changed to be compatible with the latest beta?

Nope. I have only BLE packets format from Wellue. You can contact them and request additional information.

Thanks @Den
I was fortunate to find another source from somebody who reverse engineered it:

Example from the post above I plan to try with my data:
Code:

00000000  03 00 e3 07 0b 19 17 20  29 9d 71 00 00 c4 5a 00  |....... ).q...Z.|

00000010  00 60 5c 02 00 00 00 00  00 63 00 00 00 00 00 00  |.`\......c......|

00000020  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ff ff ff 00 00 ff ff ff  |................|

00000030  00 00 61 3a 00 00 00 61  3a 00 00 00 61 3a 00 08  |..a:...a:...a:..|

00000040  00 61 3a 00 08 00 61 3a  00 01 00 61 3a 00 01 00  |.a:...a:...a:...|

00000050  61 3c 00 00 00 61 3c 00  00 00 61 3b 00 01 00 61  |a<...a<...a;...a| 

There’s a “signature” 0x0003, followed by binary year (uint16), month, day, hour, minute and second (all uint8), then some stuff I don’t understand, and finally 5-byte records of O2, Heart, ???, Motion, ??? (all uint8) at 2 seconds each.

I read the whole thread, and as a few others, I’d love to know whether the O2 sensor in my Amazfit Band 5 will be supported too. Notify & Fitness for Amazfit, which I use, reads and displays my O2 together with my heartbeat, and since it transmits the later to Sleep as Android, I imagine it could also transmit the former.

Is this something the SaA needs to implement on its end, as in, does it need to ask this data from N&FfA, which already has it passively available for consumption? Or is it the other way around, with N&FfA having to actively transmit this data to SaA, which passively receives it?

If it’s the later, I might try asking at N&FfA’s support to begin providing it.

PS: I don’t purchase a better O2 sensor, as the ones suggested here in the thread or in the official documentation, because they’re very expensive in the Brazilian market. Our government taxes gadgets (plus their shipping cost) at close to 100%, so an imported $70 O2 reader would cost close to $200 here.

The AB5, in contrast, is cheap. I paid $40 for mine, and while it fails to read O2 data very frequently, that’s still better than nothing, as my goal is COVID prevention more than anything else (if my O2 goes down and stay there I’ll run to the hospital).

Having the data on N&FfA’s app alone covers that angle, but as a long time SaA user I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered they talk with each other. It’d be doubly amazing then if they could go all the way and share O2 data too.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So I tried to fabricate a backup file from the 02Ring .csv export from today’s sleep record.

SaA did not complain but the resulting imported data appears to no fit properly in the time frame.

Simple calculation error. I forgot to add in the 4 hour offset from UTC to US Eastern Daylight Time.

4 Likes

Hello, I did implement a more robust way to allow multiple devices in the latest BETA version of the app… @Michael would you be willing to give it a try? It is version 20210323… I cannot test it with the usual setup but i have tried this 2 nights with a Wear OS + Amazfit Band 5 and it seems to be working well…

To make this working:

1. Settings > Wearables > Automatic needs to be the choice
  2. Sleep tracking needs to be started from the phone

If something is not working please use menu - report a bug please…

Many thanks…

@Den

Hi @petr-urbandroid, yes definitely happy to test. That version hasn’t come through yet but I will test it as soon as I get it. Will the add ins require any changes? I gather it won’t allow the light phaser to be used for motion tracking?

I assume this update (or other recent ones) won’t be offered in Play Store for older OS? My tablet manufacturer stopped at Android 5 :derelict_house:

Also I’m continuing work on translating each night’s O2Ring exported data into a SaA sleep backup record. It seems to be accepting and plotting O2 and HR data as expected, but motion data appears less so. I’ve tried scaling the values for import to fall between 0 and 10. Is that the range SaA expects? Should I expect that motion data to generate a sleep level (range from deep sleep to awake) when imported into SaA? It seems to need the “cycles” value. Is that right? For the sleep record Mar 21 (image above) I used w cycles value of 3, from that night’s record originally generated with Mi Band and re-imported with O2Ring data.

Seems to have worked well last night! I posted a bug report in case that provides some additional insight. My huawei watch has an HR sensor, so I’m not sure which sensor was used for hr (watch or o2ring)? Will test again tonight.

1 Like

@petr-urbandroid I spoke too soon. Something isn’t working - couldn’t get o2ring data for any sessions last night and the o2ring add on continues to be in a running state after tracking is stopped. Manually stopping the add on ensures it automatically connects to my o2ring for the next session, however no data is being transmitted and it doesn’t stop running when tracking ends.

@petr-urbandroid, @Den I decided to install the go2sleep add on tonight (and uninstall o2ring add on) and it too worked for the first session - hr and spo2 from the add on and movement from the gear os watch. But after stopping tracking, the add on was still running in the foreground. So I stopped the service and now it doesn’t provide hr/spo2 data. It is definitely starting when the session starts (but not stopping at the end). The notification comes up and my go2sleep device vibrates. But no data is being sent. It’s like the messages channel is blocked after the first proper run. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add on to no avail.

1 Like

@petr-urbandroid toggling the bluetooth smart for hr setting seems to re enable hr and spo2 from the add on. It seems to need the Bluetooth smart setting toggled from on to off or vice versa after every sleep session to enable saa to receive data from the add ons…

1 Like

and I fourth that! :slight_smile: it would be great to be able to use the SPO2 on Amazfit Band 5. Any updates on the integration development?

Dear all,

I use Alert Stresslocator Oximeter.

Lately the system only records a few hours data. I wonder if it is a software or hardware problem.

Do you know how to fix it?

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hello,

A few days ago I updated to latest beta version of software.

The Wellue O2 Ring oximeter was working very well with the previous version of the software but it no longer works with the current version. It was quite useful to be able to oximetry and the sleep graphs on the same screen.

Any tips ?

Bill

Hello. Please, use previous SaA beta version which works with SaA correctly.

Latest SaA beta have multiple data collection feature in test mode with many devices, so right now looks like it broke smth in previous connection mechanism and new connection mechanism isn’t published yet.

Hope SaA devs fix it soon.

1 Like

It’s still working for me. I find it takes a few starts and stops before the heart rate icon starts flashing, which for me indicates the o2ring is being picked up along with my gear os watch.

1 Like

Thanks Den. Will downl9ad and reinstall previous app.

1 Like

Hi @petr-urbandroid

I am trialing an Amazfit gts2 mini. It seems to be working with SAA via N&F in conjunction with the o2ring but I would like to use the watch spo2 sensors. Is this possible? Also any chance of using the light phaser for movement in conjunction with one if these non bluetooth smart wearables for hr and spo2?
Thanks
Michael