Oximeter - Sleep as Android

and I fourth that! :slight_smile: it would be great to be able to use the SPO2 on Amazfit Band 5. Any updates on the integration development?

Dear all,

I use Alert Stresslocator Oximeter.

Lately the system only records a few hours data. I wonder if it is a software or hardware problem.

Do you know how to fix it?

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hello,

A few days ago I updated to latest beta version of software.

The Wellue O2 Ring oximeter was working very well with the previous version of the software but it no longer works with the current version. It was quite useful to be able to oximetry and the sleep graphs on the same screen.

Any tips ?

Bill

Hello. Please, use previous SaA beta version which works with SaA correctly.

Latest SaA beta have multiple data collection feature in test mode with many devices, so right now looks like it broke smth in previous connection mechanism and new connection mechanism isnā€™t published yet.

Hope SaA devs fix it soon.

1 Like

Itā€™s still working for me. I find it takes a few starts and stops before the heart rate icon starts flashing, which for me indicates the o2ring is being picked up along with my gear os watch.

1 Like

Thanks Den. Will downl9ad and reinstall previous app.

1 Like

Hi @petr-urbandroid

I am trialing an Amazfit gts2 mini. It seems to be working with SAA via N&F in conjunction with the o2ring but I would like to use the watch spo2 sensors. Is this possible? Also any chance of using the light phaser for movement in conjunction with one if these non bluetooth smart wearables for hr and spo2?
Thanks
Michael

Hi,
Is there any chance of adding compatibility for the Wellue SleepU? I have tried the Wellue O2 Ring addon, in the hope that itā€™d work with the SleepU, but unfortunately nothing shows up when choosing a device for tracking.

Thank you for any help, and for the excellent work.

1 Like

Hi @Den
I tried the add-on today with the KidsO2 ring - itā€™s the same o2ring tech but sized for childrenā€™s fingers. The add-on couldnā€™t find it. Does it mask out devices without the ā€œo2ringā€ name? If so, would you be able to add the kidso2 to the filter so I can try it?
Thanks
Michael

Hello @Michael

as you know Amazfit is a closed platform and only the heroic guys from Tools & Amazfit or Notify & Fitness are able to hack the BT protocols and get the sensor data so that Sleep as Android can use itā€¦

It seems the SPO2 on those devices is not directly supported, at least SPO2 isnā€™t directly available. We have played with some of the raw led outputs from the sensor and compared them with Berry Med oximeter results, but at the moment the results are not conclusiveā€¦ The base-line is way off and some valleys and peaks seen on one device are not seen on the other deviceā€¦ this si still work in progress but I cannot say if this will happen or not

1 Like

Yes, I can add it. Could you share full device name as you see it in your phone Bluetooth settings?

Hi Den, itā€™s ā€œKidsO2ā€, followed by a space and a 4 digit number, which I believe is supposed to be unique? So ā€œKidsO2 4101ā€. Is that what you are after?

1 Like

Ah ok, I didnā€™t realise N&F was hacking the BT protocols. Makes sense now. I guess SPO2 results from a wrist reflective reading wouldnā€™t really be able to match a fingertip sensor, so perhaps thatā€™s one of the issues?

Any comment on using the Sleep Phaser for movement with a wearable HR/SPO2 option? Iā€™m particularly interested in the o2ring add on with the Phaser.

I updated the addon. Google will review changes and youā€™ll receive update about it in Google Play Store.
If protocols for KidsO2 and O2Ring are identical - then it should work

Updated it and itā€™s picking up the ring! Thank you!

@Michael exactly one part of the issue is that the position of the sensor is different and thus you can actually expect slightly different results in the first placeā€¦ We have also tried to measure just on the band and compare it with the SPO2 data shows in the Zepp appā€¦ But unfortunately the precision is very bad so we cannot really compare them with the LED raw data in any meaningful wayā€¦

Regarding Sleep Phaser + Wearableā€¦ we know about this requirement. But honestly it is quite a big amount of work and we are very busy recently with other tasks around the app. So I cannot really promise anything ā€¦ sorryā€¦

Hi Den, could you add next Wellue device to add-on? It is oximeter PC-60FW. I think this is the same protocool as O2Ring and KidsO2. Unique name device is PC60F_SN124329. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi!

I may have lost track over the last months, what is working and what is not. I got my go2sleep today and have also a Sleep Phaser and a miband. So how to put it all together to enable the best sleep monitoring?

As soon, as I got the ring, I installed the go2sleep addon, never thought about installing the sleepon app. Is that app needed? When open the go2sleep add on, there are the capabillities all checks, but dark, unable to set them.

As far as I understand, the sleep phaser is not to be used together with other devices? Is it sufficient to uncheck it?

Could someone give me an overview about the combination in the settings?

Matthias

@petr-urbandroid as a new owner of a galaxy watch3, iā€™d also be very happy to beta test the spo2 sensor on the watch to get that data point synced as well.

@shayaknyc sorry about that but at the moment Galaxy Watch does not provide SPO2 sensor API to 3rd party developersā€¦ we would really like to implement this when Samsung makes the sensor availableā€¦