Smartwatches and Wearables - Sleep as Android

Is the Xiaomi Mi Watch supported by Sleep As Android?

Cheers!

Hello @Frantastri, this depends on Tools & Mi Band or Notify & Fitness - the apps which do all the Mi Band and Amazfit integrations and they also integrate with Sleep as Android though our Wearable APIā€¦

I tried to check their Play Store description for Mi Watch but did not find it I think latest news from Zdenek Horak @ Tools was he is adding support for:

• Amazfit GTS 2
  • Amazfit GTS 2E
  • Amazfit GTS 2 Mini
  • Amazfit GTR 2
  • Amazfit GTR 2E

So not sure about the Mi Watch yetā€¦but please correct me if Iā€™m wrongā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t think it can be integrated since both Mi Watch and Mi Watch Lite use Xiaomi Wear, a completely different app. It would be nice if those devices are added as not supported devices - someone could find that information useful.

Not being able to use Sleep as Android is the main reason why Iā€™m not gonna buy a Mi Watch. It looks great, though.

@Frantastri we keep a list of supported devices here:

I guess we cannot keep a negative list of not-supported devices as this would be too overwhelming, so sometimes it can happen that a device which is not listed here may work, but it should not happen that a device not working will be listed hereā€¦

1 Like

It makes sense to me. I just was used to the old documentation site, but I have just checked that in the new site things work differently.

Hi Petr, when testing the sensor(via settingsā€“>wearable) the interval appears to be 10s.
Is that the same during the sleep recording?

So whatā€™s the proper way to start a sleep session using a Fitbit Sense? I had a MiBand with Notify and Fitness and all I had to do was start sleep as android and it would vibrate the MiBand.

Now, I downloaded the app on my Fitbit and started it. Then started Sleepā€¦ Got a ā€œconnected to FitBitā€ message and I could see the bar at the bottom move and the HR was visible. So I went to bedā€¦ but then it seemed to only track for ~1h or so, I get a blank red bar for the rest of the night. Also, on my phone, when I stopped everything, I had a ā€œwaiting for fitbitā€ notification that wouldnā€™t go away.

Any tips?

I tried starting my night on the phone then launching the app on the Fitbit but I got a error message saying ā€œplease contact supportā€.

Alsoā€¦ it seems that quitting the app on the fitbit isnā€™t reliable. I hit the button, I get a Yes/No prompt to quit. If I hit ā€œyesā€, it vibrates but stays there. Is that normal?

Do we know if Sleep as Android is going to work with the new Sleep Breathing / SP02 functionality of the Mi Band 6? Or is that largely down to if one of the tools suites adds support?

@Textuality it seems Mi Band 6 does not provide SPO2 directly only the raw data from LEDs, so at this stage we are in the phase where we tracked some time with Mi band and one of the Berry MED oximeters and we are trying to find a good calculation for SPO2 on the Mi Bandā€¦ we will if we can bring this to some production stateā€¦ it also needs to be supported in the Mi Band appsā€¦

1 Like

First night with the new Mi Band 6 didnā€™t go particularly well anyway. Completely failed to record any SPO2 data (in its own app) though I definitely saw the sensor active a few times, and Iā€™ve never looked before, but apparently the tracking it does is awful. Reckoned I was awake for 5 hours out of the 7 I was in bed for!

Iā€™ve encountered the same problem, @llavalle . Assuming itā€™s been linked/paired properly, you need to:

1. Start the Fitbit Sleep as Android smartwatch app first. (Tip: best to add this to the watchā€™s shortcut screen). It will begin Tracking as soon as itā€™s opened.
  2. Start sleep tracking in the regular Sleep as Android phone app. It should connect almost immediately and show that the Fitbit Sense is connected.

I notice that any small deviation from this (e.g. starting tracking in the phone app first) causes it to fail silently. Added, if I start them in the wrong order, then try again in the correct order a short time later, it still produces the bug. (Iā€™m guessing this is because both apps need to be restarted).

It also regularly seems to drop tracking partway through the night for no reason that I can tell.

And I get the same problem youā€™re having with quitting the smartwatch app. Trying to exit, turning off the screen for a while (30+ seconds), and then turning the screen back on seems to clear it.

Itā€™s a little disappointing to be honest as itā€™s driving me away from Sleep as Android after 6+ years of use! I find the Fitbit sleep score & benchmarks are just much, much easier to make a daily or weekly comparison. The only things keeping me using Sleep as Android are the snoring % score and an IFTTT event that turns on my lights when the smart period begins.

Yeah - Iā€™ve figured that itā€™s the best way to work. Found my issue though : I randomly get a ā€œerror, contact supportā€ message on the watch app when tracking starts on the app (and pushes the alarm time). When it does that, I need to quit the app and restart.

My problem was that I was using delayed start on the app - so that ā€œerror, contact supportā€ message would come up when Iā€™m almost asleep, after that delay!

There was a new version of the sleep app on Fitbit in the last week - hopefully itā€™s betterā€¦ but Iā€™m with you on this - Iā€™m tempted to just use the Fitbit for tracking but my problem is that :
1-The Fitbit canā€™t RING after a few minutes of not waking up. Vibration works for a few days but I end up getting used to it and not waking up
2-I use Sleep to schedule my sleep time according to my wakeup time (which varies a lot)

1 Like

Another couple of nights with the Mi Band 6 and Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll switch back to the 5. Seems to be missing a number of hours of heart rate data, and it canā€™t be how Iā€™m wearing it given itā€™s the exact same band / size as the 5!

Hello, Iā€™ve not clear understand this app, I have a Ticwatch Pro 3 gps and already installed the app on phone and on the Ticwatch. Automatic sleep tracking will start automatic or have I ho open the app on the watch for start tracking?

Many thanks to all

Hello, I have a Amazfit bip U watch, with gadgetbridge (Zepp app uninstalled for privacy reasons.) I see that pebble used to be supported via gadget bridge. Would this also be possible with the bip U?

It looks like the Bip U does work with Notify for Amazfit.

I donā€™t have the official app, but I am using this and Gadgetbridge at the moment.

Please, can you add support for Umidigi UFit?

Hello, it is unrealistic for us to integrate such deviceā€¦ Devices like Umidigi ale totally closed - not made for any 3rd party integrations - usually only their proprietary app works with the device.

We can integrate open devices which provide an API we can either access the device sensors through BT characteristics or implement on device apps which collect sensoric data and send them to the phoneā€¦

Some integration with closed devices like Mi Band is possible thanks to bluetooth sniffing geniuses like Zdenek Horak of Tools & Mi Band, but this is hard work, reverse engineering a closed device can take moths with uncertain outcomeā€¦ This really makes sense only for devices which there are hundreds of millions sold world wideā€¦

1 Like

Will there be support for the OnePlus Watch? I know itā€™s not wearos based but was just wondering if there was something imdown the pipeline for it by chance?

Hello, I am looking for option to use wearable SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active 2 with Sleep as Android.

Is there any feedback about this combination?