Samsung Watch 4

First of all I want to thank you for the great app and the continued support!
I´ve read that there are issues when trying to get SpO2 sensor data from the watch but do you think there will be a way to get it working?
I am suffering from a light form of sleep apnea and I would so love to have an alarm when SpO2 drops…
The reason why I bought the GW4 in the first place was that I had hopes of getting this exact feature since it is WearOS :frowning:

1 Like

Hello @Franz_Ose can you please double check that you have version 5.0 of the Wear OS app? Are you in the BETA channel?

@freaked big thanks! Unfortunately at the moment we do not know how to do it… when we list all available sensors there are two SPO2 sensors in the list, but whenever we register for data updates the registration fails immediately as if the sensors where not available to 3rd party apps. I have run out of ideas what we could try next…

For instance on the TicWatch 3 Pro we register for the SPO2 update s successfully and ared able to receive an SPO2 update very second though out the night…

Hi @petr-urbandroid

the wearOS companion app on my galaxy watch 4 says it is version 4.6
However, I’ve been in the android beta for months now. But that is on the phone. Is there a different beta group i have to join for the wearOS companion app?

Or do you need me to install 5.0 via ADB?

I tried SAA on my GW4C yesterday, selected GW4+ , enabled the pulse oximeter wear os in Wearables.
There is no spo2 data , am I doing something wrong?

Hello @Franz_Ose, the BETA is the same… not sure why Play Store does not offer you the 5.0 version… anyway you can sideload the APK from here:
https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/wear-prod-release-5.0.apk

1 Like

Hello @Angeldust please check my answer 2 post above your question… Currently it seems 3rd party apps cannot register the SPO2 sensor on GW4

Hi! Awesome work on this!

I wonder if I should disable the standard sleep recording of my watch somehow if I use Sleep as Android for sleep recording? I sync it with Samsung Health anyway (BTW, what takes precedence! Native data or the data collected by Sleep?)

@dsent many thanks… I did not test this so honestly I do not know any findings here appreciated!

@petr-urbandroid Hi, just got a new watch 4 update, hope this will help with the spo2 situation. Also i would like to ask, i saw that on this thread some stating that they see spo2 readings on sleep on android application but their problem was that they didn’t transfered on the Samsung health app. i don’t get any readings on either app.

Good News @petr-urbandroid :partying_face:

@Franz_Ose I have checked the health services and at the moment I’m not sure if we can get any useful aggregated data from it… but we will be looking into this in more detail later on…

Im currently beta testing with my GW4. Is there anything wrong with a 10s update interval while testing the sensor?
My wear app is also still on 4.6. The phone app on 20210929

Hello
Should I be seeing HRV data with GW4?
I tracked 2 nights, actually on the first the app was still set to WearOS, for the second I found that GW4 had its specific setting on the beta so I used that, but I see no difference really.
Anyway I was expecting HRV data as with Ticwatch

Hello, so far no SPO2 and no HRV on GW4…

I did just found this in the log:

2021-10-04 18:13:32.221 569-872/? E/SensorService: com.urbandroid.sleep Tried enabling a sensor (Samsung SPO2 Continuous Sensor) without holding com.samsung.permission.SSENSOR

I tried to declare this permission and tried to ask for this permission. But IMHO this permission can probably only be granted to Samsung apps and without this permission it seems sensors like SPO2 cannot be accessed…

1 Like

I wonder if you could explicitly grant it with ADB?

Hey @petr-urbandroid, two things:

1. I’m getting my GW4C today and I’m a JS programmer - can I help in any way with the SpO2 issue?
  2. Maybe the authors of the mod linked below could shed some light or share helpful resources?
    https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-ecg-blood-pressure-galaxy-watch-4-with-non-samsung-phones/amp/
1 Like

Hello,

I was wondering if we could monitor sleep data without Bluetooth connection to the phone.

Like let the watch SaA app do the logging and sync it in the morning.

That would save battery i guess.

Also any update about the spO2 sensor? as samsung released a “major” update a few days ago.

Ahoj @petr-urbandroid!

I’ve just upgraded my watch from Galaxy Watch Active 2 (Tizen OS) to Watch 4 and discovered the vibration pattern is different (as you mentioned above) and takes some getting used to. (The vibrations started immediately on GWA 2, but on GW 4, the vibrations take tens of seconds to build up, so it’s needed to delay the alarm sound. Otherwise, the sound wakes me up earlier than the vibrations. :frowning_face:)

Could you consider adding an option to set a custom pattern or at least a similar one to the pattern from GWA 2 (or default alarm pattern which is used by Samsung clock application), please?

I’ve been a happy customer enjoying all the possible modifications, especially captchas, over the past ten years, but this is the first time I have considered using the default clock app from Samsung.

Thank you!