New Watch you called The King

Hi
It’s been a long time. I remember seeing a post somewhere in the documentation about a new watch to replace the Pebble Time. You called it the New King.

You see, my Pebble Time has finally died. Back in 2021, I had 2 more, but they were lost in moving.

I need a new smartwatch. I would like it to be as much like a Pebble Time as possible.

Where is this new “King.” Name, brand, etc.

I’m devastated at losing my beloved Pebble, but it happened. Where is this new “King”?

Thank you.

Best,
Robin

Nine years isn’t bad! I just wanted to say that Pebble was the best. I don’t understand why some company didn’t reverse engineer it.

Well, nothing lasts forever. Just another thing I’ve lost out of many.

Best,
Robin

Hi Robin, you can find the blog post here We finally have a new king of smart watch! - Sleep as Android, the wearable is TicWatch 5 Pro by Mobvoi.
Our Pebble died a few years ago, it was indeed the best wearable.

@Robin_Markowitz Hello Robin, just a side note. The latest Wear OS 4 update on the TicWatch made it a bit less battery efficient then what I describe in the post. Before the update I have less then 10% consumption per night of tracking. Now I have 20-30% when all sensors are running SPO2 and HRV…

I hope this is a temporary issue and Mobvoi is going to fix it… but of course I cannot be sure about that…

Hi @Robin_Markowitz, Thanks for posting. I hadn’t had any real experience with smart watches until recently. I did get the Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 5 Enduro (updated to OS4), and really like it. After OS4, I was getting similar battery consumption (a little less than @petr-urbandroid reported, but a little more than the <10% he had pre OS4). I use a lot of sensors, and still learning, tinkering with it, deciding which Ticwatch bells and whistles I don’t want or need. The watch was a great recommendation in the blog post, and I would buy it again in a heartbeat (no pun intended… well maybe…)!