Fitbit Ionic/Versa beta integration

After about 2 hrs connection breach.
I will check this week with different clocks.
This graph was with Kamon Premium.

Same issue here. After I few more nights the result is the same every time: the recording stops after a few hours.

1 Like

@jiri-urbandroid Love the work you do on this app. Do you have any idea why some of us intermittently lose connection? This morning I saw an error on my SaA watch app.

Like @Humlan described after changing clock face, it’s working.
I tried the Gauges from fitbit, and it was not loosing connection.

Since September, I think, the ionic is able to have maximum of five clock faces.
So, it is easy to test with some other faces.

I will continue to test and try.

I have a fitbit versa and want to get my alarms on sleepasandroid to vibrate also my versa (i am not interested in integrating sleep tracking/monitoring, only the alarms). I have the latest version of the fitbit android app (3.13), latest versa firmware (32.70.714), latest version of sleepasandroid android app (20200102) and i have installed the sleep urbandroid app onto my fitbit also (version 1.7).

In the sleepasandroid app, i have selected Settings > wearables > fitbit and also alarm > vibrate from start and in the individual alarm setting also i have selected vibrate (wearables) > from start.

So I believe I have done everything correctly but the fitbit does not vibrate at all when the alarm is activated.

Although I have 2 questions: 1) does the sleep tracking have to be activated in order to get the alarm to vibrate also? and 2) does the sleep urbandroid app on fitbit have to be running in order to get the vibrate also?

Either way, I have tried it with the sleep urbandroid app running on the fitbit (without sleep tracking) and the alarm didn’t sound either?

Thanks for help

Last night was a bit confusing.
I tried a different clock face.
First I spend about 30 minutes to connect with the sleep app. After restarting a couple of times then the watch connected.
But connection aborted about 3 o’clock in the morning.
Today I will try Gauges again to reproduce yesterday’s experience.
To be continued.

@Martin_Strell For me it seems completely random. The disconnects occur with me about 45% of the time since the middle of January.

1 Like

It indeed seems that changing the clock face makes some difference but still not one night with complete data. After changing the clock face to anything not standard resulted in complete move sensor data but incomplete heart rate.
Then again, the results are still somewhat random so no clue if the clock face really matters (and it would actually surprise me it it would be the case).

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you.
This night I had the same issue, while testing with Gauges from fitbit. After about 3 hrs the signal was lost.
Before @jiri-urbandroid started with the companion app, last year, it was the same.

Maybe fitbit changed something in their software.

Hey, anyone having the disconnect issue: do any of you have an issue with your Android where video playback fails in Chrome, Twitter, etc? I have this bug sometimes and when it happens I need to reboot to fix it for a few days. Well the most recent time it happened, I noticed that started about the same time that Sleep as Android began disconnecting at night. I rebooted last night to fix my video playback and last night SaA worked great. Something to consider.

Since updating fitbit to the newest version, it was working without any problems.
This was two days ago.
Maybe some permissions to set.
Maybe they changed something…

Works great until now.
The only little thing to complain is that the companion app is not closing automatically after closing the sleep cycle.
I just closing it manually.

For me it also works without issues since last two weeks.

1 Like

Admittedly I’m fairly new to using the Versa 2 (just purchased one last week) but have been using SaA for several months now with my previous wearable, a Ticwatch Pro. I have been getting good readings now that I have set SaA to not optimize battery life. I do wish there were a way to do things on my watch while the companion app is running but understand this is a limitation of how the Versa 2 cannot multitask. Thanks for this.

I also wish that sonar and wearables could be used in conjunction, specifically with regards to monitoring respiration rate.

Worked just fine last night
Does not work today

1 Like

Until yesterday, was OK. But today was not connecting.

Do we still need beta version of sleep ? I am no longer able to connect to Fitbit versa but cannot download beta version.

It seems that since last update of sleep app the connection to fitbit wearables is not working anymore.

1 Like

After last update from sleep App, yesterday, the fitbit has been connected again last night.
:+1:
Thanks for fast reacting and fixing.

1 Like

Still not any better for me :worried:

1 Like