Add Google Pixel Watch

I also have the HR sampling problem.

I have contacted support about it, but no progress has been made.

1 Like

My latest two nights’ stats really got weird. I am using latest version of all apps.
So in general I understand that:

• sensors are more or less not raw but managed by Google api own decision (hrv not public, hr with weird stats and very limited sampling rate)
  • the watch’s night mode blocks vibrating with no workaround today so the watch won’t wake me
  • watch can be used as sensor for moving… but the stats are really weird

In this view it feels easier to use the integrated Fitbit app for stats which is less restricted to collect sensor data, but sadly it doesn’t have smart wake up and the numerous integration of SaA :sob:

1 Like

I have the same issue with the heart rate sampling as other users before me already have mentioned since getting my Pixel Watch, but might be able to provide some more information that hopefully can help in finding and fixing the issue.

Both screenshots show the same day, but Sleep as Android only shows the night while Fitbit shows the whole day:

In Sleep as Android, it appears that there are hours when not a single heart rate sample could be fetched. But the same is true in the Fitbit app itself, even though, throughout the day, Fitbit is able to gather accurate heart rate data. Only when I start the sleep tracking with Sleep as Android, the low sampling rate issue occurs.
So it seems that either Sleep as Android, or in general multiple apps simultaneously, accessing the heart rate sensor causes the low sampling rate problem.

I wonder what the difference is between Bedtime Mode and the Do Not Disturb mode, in which everything does behave as expected. Hopefully they’ll put out some useful documentation on Bedtime Mode soon.

@notamaiar exactly… I hope so too…

@Blex interesting, we do not see this on other Wear OS devices so this is definitely soemthing specifci to Pixel Watch and I’m not sure if we can track this down without testing on actual physical device… I remember that on Moto 360 they optimized battery and just unregistered an app using a sensor after a minute automatically, so a work around was to re-register the sensor every minute, but I was only able to implement this after spending 30 minutes with moto 360 physically…

I tried to use Do Not Disturb instead of Bedtime mode, and the difference I see is that the DND is not turning off the screen. It remains on, while bedtime mode is really as it says : “perfect for bed”.

@petr-urbandroid: I am not sure how much it is intended or bug, but I can’t get my around the experience with the vibration on the Pixel Watch. I just looking forward having the watch vibrate to wake me with smart wakeup. I always ended-up having vibration and alarm sound on my phone, even using DND and manually setting screen-to-off.

I’ve been using Do Not Disturb as well as deactivating Tilt to Wake and Touch to wake. Not ideal, but gets the job done for now.

Do I have to manually tell the watch to track my sleep or am I missing a setting to be able to have it automatically track like the Fitbit software is doing? My phone is attempting to track it nightly but gives much different stats than the watch or wearable does.

How’s it going with the pixel watch 2?
What’s compatible, what not?
Which sensors can and are being used by SAA?

thanks a lot!