Wearable : continue track sleeping with phone when watch disconnect or battery down

From Metallives81 on 2015/11/25 08:33:44 +0000

Some nights i started SAA and if the battery of the watch is down the Sleep tracking stops, only the noise record continue to work. It would be nice that the phone takes over and continue to track the Sleep only with the phone sensors.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/10857558-wearable-continue-track-sleeping-with-phone-when

From Petr Nálevka on 2016/01/05 09:54:43 +0000

Hello Jannis, this is basically happening

1. we save the data even we don't have connectivity for quite some time (but not the whole night)
  2. if the device supports sensor batching we let it go to stand-by between collecting data - this allows as to keep nearly the same battery consumption as in normal use - usually around 2% per hour

The red line probably means there were connectivity issues through out the night

From Janis Froehlig on 2016/01/04 14:43:39 +0000

I'm not sure when the batches happen, but I've gotten whole nights that are red recently, but Wear Battery Stats says the watch didn't die until 5 a.m. (for example) this morning. It would be really lovely if SAA could monitor battery levels and run its batch, or save whatever accelerometer data it got before something dies.

Automatic device switching would be excellent, too.