Wake up softly with simulated sunlight!

From Will “Fl4sHNoX” Spartan on 2014/10/29 19:16:01 +0000

Simulate the sunrise with the light of the smartphone screen when it’s going to wake you up.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/6632531-wake-up-softly-with-simulated-sunlight

From Michael on 2015/04/14 21:06:19 +0000

That's what i'm searching for, maybe like your Twilight App but in the other way?

From Horst on 2015/02/01 07:18:01 +0000

I'm tracking sleep with my tablet, and i have no flashlight. I sleep often in hotels, where i got no smartlight-bulb. I would LOVE to have the option to use the max brightness displaylight as sunlight-alarm BEFORE the sound starts. (For example: start the displaylight on alarm time and 1minute after that start raising alarmsound volume. Thx for this great app!

1 Like

From Will “Fl4sHNoX” Spartan on 2014/12/04 18:06:54 +0000

Not everyone can/want to use the Hue Lighting to be able to have this kind of functionality :confused:

From Jeremy on 2014/12/04 05:47:24 +0000

Dim to off, brighten to full light. The Hue lighting is much more capable than the app allows it to be.

From Will “Fl4sHNoX” Spartan on 2014/10/29 23:07:40 +0000

Update: seems to work for me but it's not really what I search for, a little bit agressive at waking up ^^', anyway that's why I thought that this "wake up with soft light feature" could be a good one. =)

From Will “Fl4sHNoX” Spartan on 2014/10/29 23:02:31 +0000

OK, thanks I'll see if this works ! =)

From Petr Nálevka on 2014/10/29 22:44:25 +0000

In settings > alarm > very bottom… Please note that this feature may cause crashes on some firmwares…

From Will “Fl4sHNoX” Spartan on 2014/10/29 21:12:36 +0000

PS: I saw the compatibility to control Philips HUE but I didn't wanted to buy one yet so I thought that this could be an idea for people who don't want to buy one like me =)

1 Like

From Will “Fl4sHNoX” Spartan on 2014/10/29 21:09:51 +0000

Thanks ! =)

But I didn't find the ability to wake up with flash light, can you tell me where can I find it ?
Many thanks ! =)

hi sleep as android team…
i would really like to see this feature in your app

this request had 111 votes on your old website

but only 2 on this new one.
there are apps out there that have this feature. but id rather use one alarm app instead of 3 different ones.

in my case i use my phone to track my sleep and the alarm-sound, and i want to use my tablet for the wakeup light. if its possible to sync both devices to work together.

thanks for the great app

Can’t find this setting there. Was it changed later?

I have Use Screen light on, but nothing changes from this. WIth dark mornings I would love for the phone to start getting slowly brighter before the alarm and light up completely by the alarm.

Flashlight works, but it is too aggressive, I feel like I’m getting a heart attack when it turns on suddenly.

1 Like

I have two Hue bulbs, both now with color ambience, and THAT does it. A very small phone light is not the same. Even a tablet is not designed to light a room.

There is also the Sleep Phaser if you also want additional recording features like your breathing at night. But I had the phone light go on before I had my Hue lights, and it had no affect whatsoever. Too small a screen. My Hue lights are amazing! First, Sleep As Android makes them go from deep red to yellow to bright white, and then I get the Hue app to take over two minutes after alarm start, and I custom made a VERY blue tinged light to chase the melatonin away! It’s not exactly like sunlight, but that cool bright blue light WILL wake you up for sure! But often, it’s still reddish when it wakes me or assists the alarm sound.

Also, at night, the Hue app will dim the lights to total darkness. I reset one of the scenes to a bright pink that slowly dims to a tiny red before it shuts off. If they are still on, Sleep As Android will always turn them off when you hit record. Which they will do now. Good night from California!