Ultrahuman ring air integration

Hi,

Do you think that it is possible to support ultrahuman ring air ?
Or can you use health connect to read heart beat ?

Hi @Memnochs, it depends on the API - the device needs to have a public-facing API for the integration. Do you know of an API for direct access to the sensors?

Our app uses the standard GATT Heart Rate Profile protocol for reading the HR, which is usually accessible on most wearables, even without a direct integration.
If you enable Settings → Sleep tracking → Wearables → Smart Bluetooth, do you see the heart icon for this wearable in the list of nearby devices?
If the wearable uses a different protocol, you can use Health Connect or S Health to sync the HR values.

Sadly not, it is not showing any hearth when I try to handle it directly.

I don’t know how to ch2ck if their API is open, any guidance avut that ?

The ring is handled by their own apps that share some little information with health connect.
Exercice, vo2, step,body temp, hearth BPM and variation.
Sadly, sleep as android does not use health connect to read them (only o2 sat and sleep data).

Is there a way to change the protocol the wearable is using for HR data?
If you would be able to switch it to the GATT, our app will be able to collect the data.

The API is something the vendor needs to publish. Our API looks like this, so if the vendor does not want to go fully public for all apps, they can integrate our API.

I don’t think it can be change.
I will ask to their support about the API

One question, I noticed that health connect show HR option when you enable it but permission only show O2 sat and sleep.

Is it normal ? Because if I can use health connect as a bridge for HR it solves the problem by itself (and for several device, especially if you use health sync on top of it).

The missing HR data type in Health Connect is a known issue, we have been trying to solve this with Health Connect support. It started as a miscommunication about which type of HR we want to have - we asked for resting HR and instead of changing the type, they removed our access to all HR types… we hope this will be solved soon. Sorry about this!

Hi again,
Thus is the doc for the API: they give me a token and a password, but I think it is “by user”.

I can share you what they give if you want but as it is my personal data maybe it is better to ask them your own access ?

I can send you mine for testing purpose by DM.

Public-facing API must be for developers, this sounds like a user access, that will be limited to only your account.
Public API allows developers to integrate the device in general and will work for all users.
A user API token will only work for one user.

It is not possible to make a sort of plugin who let user to set their own ID ?
Like when you need to login or grant access to third party apps ?
I don’t know how if I can get more than this.

I will ask the main developer to look into the API, sorry it is taking longer than usual (we are having a few days off this week).
The website does not say much, only “ask to get a proposal”, which usually means the API is paid.

Any news about this ? Or about Health connect HR support ?

@lenka-urbandroid Hi, I just read this , “… can use Health Connect or S Health to sync the HR values…”, and wonder if

1. Does “S Health” refer to “Samsung Health”?
  2. Should both be installed, or just one?
    I’m asking as it may pertain to my Samsung S23 Ultra and Ticwatch Pro 5 Enduro (OS4) integration with SAA and HRV. Sorry if this is off-topic, but wasn’t sure where to post this.