Track the sleep position / avoid back position / analyse and reduce snoring by sleep position / analyse sleep quality by sleep position

I like to analyze my snoring behaviour. Often it is said that you snore more on the back, so it would be worth to prvent lying on the back. To analyse as well when snoring occurs (is it only if you’re on the back) as also check if measures to prevent lying on the back work, it would be very helpful to have a feature that shows on the timeline at which times you lay on the: left side, right side, back, front. This can be done by using smartwatch move sensors data. I think it would be very helpful for a lot of people. I could not find one app in the play store offering it, though I think snoring is a problem of lots of people and this could help (you could also start a vibration of the watch when you lie on the back… but that would be second step). As you have lots of watches integrated already, just the data would have to be evaluated and shown in the graph together with when snoring occurs.
I just found one app. However they use the phone for it and fix/attach your phone on the chest or back and then record the sleeping position with the phone, however it requires additional fixing bands and also is unconfortable and you can not charge your phone at night.
Also it would be possible to analyse in which sleep position one sleeps deepest or longest/best…
Urbandroid could also create an overview/study for all users and confirm if back sleeping increases snoring or is in general best sleeping position (if you don’t snor there)…

Hello @jonny… many thanks for your idea… I think this is interesting. We won’t be able to do it with sonar or accel. sensor in phone though. But I think we could do it with wearables. At the moment our Wearable API does not support this as the data we communicate with the phone had all the accelerometer access already aggregated together.

So the way forward here would probably be a platform specific implementation - starting with one of the major wearable platform for instance…

There is a product on the market called go2silence by sleepon. Same people who developed the go2sleep spo2/hr tracker. It’s both a positional recorder and attempts to keep you of your back with a physical device and vibration. The hardware tech works but they haven’t released a band that they promised over a year ago. In any case, worth looking into if you’re interested.