TicWatch3 can only track one of HRV or SpO2

Hi all, I was testing this over the last week and for me if I disable HR tracking and just enable the Oximeter option I’m getting SPO2 data the whole night in 100% cases when I start the tracking both from the watch or from the phone. I;m still having some issues with automatic sleep tracking which I will be look at this week…

I anyway would like to test this out you need the latest version of Sleep as Android from the BETA channel and also the latest Wear app from the BETA…

They are available here:

https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/wear-beta-release-4.4.apk

https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/sleep-20210524-beta-release.apk

Or you can opt-into the BETA channel like this:

Please first join our BETA Testers group at:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sleep-as-an-droid
That you can opt-into the BETA at the following address:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.urbandroid.sleep
or simply by visiting our Play Store listing and tapping “Join BETA”

The latest Wear app has a new feature, if you start the app during sleep tracking you can control sleep tracking from there PAUSE/STOP and if alarm is in progress you see the snooze and dismiss in the main screen of the app - so that you can decide to use the notification or the app to control it…

I have also experimented with the latest new additions on the Wear OS platform announced at this years I/O - doing and ongoing activity for sleep tracking and alarm and also making an Tile. But those features do not work yet on my TicWatch 3 Pro so I did reverted them for the time being and we will test it once the Galaxy Watch 4 is released I guess…

Please let me know any feedback… all your help is very much appreciated…

Many thanks…

Hi folks, I think I did found the problem in automatic sleep tracking and maybe in other scenarios too, so there should be a fix in the latest BETA version.

I will be testing everything this week, but I hope that now we should be getting SPO2 from TW 3 Pro deterministically…

Please let me know…

Hi, my tests seems promising, with the latest Wear OS app and latest Sleep as Android I’m getting SPO2 deterministically in all scenarios including automatic sleep tracking and when HR is enabled in the Wearable settings section in Sleep as Anroid… the only issue remaining is we ar enot able to get HR/HRV and SPO2 at the same time - this is either HRV or SPO2…

Hope it works for you as well…

Yes can confirm the same… Do you think you can find a solution and get all 3 working again?

@gunni on my TW3 I was never able to get HR, HRV and SPO2 at the same time even before the firmware update… have you seen all 3 with a good resolution for the entire night? Can you share screenshot?

To me it seems like there are two modes the LED on the watch back is green and watch is measuring HR and SDNN or the LED is red and the watch is measuring SPO2… It seems to me that the watch is not able to calculate the SDNN from the red LED mode for some reason…

I will experiment if I can make HR and SPO2 working at the same time…

Many thanks…

@petr-urbandroid Ooooh I see… Well, it has worked for me, I will attach screenshots. I will attach some snaps of the latest working captures, but I will say it had become a bit more irregular in its readings right before it stopped working for all 3… Like all of a sudden I was getting crazy high RDI. (But maybe because I don’t always remember to tighten the watch, it’s a bit loose sometimes.

Anyway, it had these issues as well when starting out and I couldn’t understand why it wouldn’t work… I tried enabling/disabling 24 hour tracking on the watch, enabling/disabling the Wearables settings in the Sleep app (Heart rate monitoring/Bluetooth smart and Pulse oximeter Wear OS/Pulse oximeter Bluetooth) and probably tinkering with some more stuff… I think I settled on having everything turned ON on the watch, so all tracking enabled 24 hours and setting the Sleep app wearables to use the Wear OS setting (attached screenshot as well).

Also to your last comment - I can get HR and SPO2 working at the same time? Check the last picture (and notice crazy respiratory analysis… this used to be fine, but changed a couple of weeks ago…)

Actually… Now that I remember. Do you start your sleep manually or automatic? And do you use the phone or the watch to start? I think for this to work I need to start my sleep tracking on the watch!

1 Like

@gunni Looking at the graphs I see that this isn’t a proper HRV tracking, there are ~8-12 values in the HRV chart when the SDNN sensor for some reason took over from the SPO2 sensros during the night… so IMHO it does not make sense to try to enable both to get such a rare data and potentially side effects… Big thanks for the further feedback…

1 Like

I ran into this too with my Ticwatch 3 Pro on the Beta app. Definitely would want to get regular heartrate with SpO2 working consistently. Looking at the HRV data I did get I’m not even sure it’s accurate.

Of the 8 records I’ve made since switching to this watch 6 of them picked up heart rate and SpO2. I never ran into a situation where I got all three.

Sorry guys, I’m new here, and sorry for the dumb (and obvious) question.

My understanding here is that you guys are using the Spo2 sensor of the TicWatch3 to track the whole night, correct? Instead of the just 1 per hour that the original software gives you as an option of the “24h spo2 tracking”. Is that correct @petr-urbandroid @gunni ?

Hello @Cless , yes correct, we do SPO2 with a ~1s sampling rate all night…

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks good sir!
I just got the TicWatch pro 3 and I’m excited to use this app!
Also contribute to make it better getting some bugs if I find any :slight_smile:

Ticwatch 3 Pro. Beta app.

Last night, randomly, the watch and app recorded HR and SpO2 for a period of time. This is the first time this has happened. Any idea why?

And again last night

I’m getting HR and SpO2 pretty consistently. Just no HRV ever.