Tasker Action to skip next alarm

Hi, just a (hopefully) simple request: It would be useful in my scenario if there was a Tasker action to skip the next instance of an alarm, like you can do by long-pressing the alarm in the app.

Any chance of implementing this?

Hello @nf0… I did not test it but IMHO you should be able to to do it with an intent com.urbandroid.sleep.alarmclock.SKIP_NEXT_ALARM_ACTION for package com.urbandroid.sleep

1 Like

Thank you Petr, but it doesn’t seem to work. Does it take any extras? I can’t seem to find documentation for that specific intent.

1 Like

Hello @nf0, you are right this does not work…

For the next BETA version I’m adding the com.urbandroid.sleep.alarmclock.SKIP_NEXT_ALARM_ACTION_AUTO
intent which does not require any extrast…

1 Like

That’s great! I’m already a beta tester, so I’ll keep an eye out for the new version.

By the way, I also tried the com.urbandroid.sleep.alarmclock.ALARM_STATE_CHANGE intent, but couldn’t get it to work as I expected. Maybe I misunderstand how it works.

Basically what I am trying to accomplish is for Tasker to tell Sleep to dismiss my alarm if currently active, or turn off the upcoming alarm if I wake up before it goes off.
For the former, I use the “Dismiss Alarm” action in the Tasker plugin (but could probably just as well use an intent).
For the latter, I thought I could accomplish it with the ALARM_STATE_CHANGE intent, but maybe SKIP_NEXT_ALARM_ACTION_AUTO is a better alternative.

If you’re curious, I have a Zigbee button next to my bed that, when pushed, tells Home Assistant to exit sleep mode, which performs a handful of actions (turn on lights, bring up blinds etc.), including sending a push to Tasker (via AutoRemote), which then tells Sleep to dismiss the alarm.

I cannot get this intent to work. Should this be functional?

1 Like

Hello

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I’ve also been looking for a way to skip next Sleep as Android alarm with Tasker.

I’ve tried the com.urbandroid.sleep.alarmclock.SKIP_NEXT_ALARM_ACTION_AUTOintent various ways (including using the standard intent task action but also Run Shell - other intents working fine), but no luck.

Is this functional? If so, any idea what I could be doing wrong? If not, any idea when this will be available (or other methods to achieve the same thing. I am aware a notification comes up an hour before the alarm, but this would be too late for me to skip based on the needs of what I’m trying to do).

I’m using Sleep as Android premium beta version 20220928. I’m on Android 12.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

1 Like

Same here! Did this ever make it into the app @petr-urbandroid ?

Hello @tpp … sorry for not getting earlier to this :)… actually I do not know if I can excuse the 2 years delay, but I lost track of this particular issue… feel free to bump me earlier about any open issues if required :)…

Anyway I should have a fix for the issue. This is now available in the BETA channel or though our website at:
https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/sleep-20240724.apk

I have added a Skip next (Alarm) tasker action into the plug-in and both com.urbandroid.sleep.alarmclock.SKIP_NEXT_ALARM_ACTION_AUTO and com.urbandroid.sleep.alarmclock.SKIP_NEXT_ALARM_ACTION broadcasts should now work… the first one will skip next alarm regardless of CAPCTHA and the second one will start a CAPCTHA if there is one…

Did that help? Does it work for you @tpp ?

Absolutely no apology needed! Thanks so much for adding those.

They’re just what I was looking for. The plan was to use them for a Home Assistant automation which skips the upcoming alarm and starts sleep tracking with the ideal sleep length. For those nights where I’m up later than I’d like to be and don’t need to be up early the next day.

For the time being I’d been manually disabling and re-enabling my alarms with the intent API, but this way I don’t need to risk a botched automation leaving my alarms off :smiley:

@tpp Great news… so do I understand correctly you have been able to test the APK and it is working well for you now?

Works like a charm @petr-urbandroid Thanks again :slight_smile:

The link you shared wasn’t working, but I found it on the downloads page

@tpp sorry about the link… https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/sleep-20240724-beta-release.apk