Starts automatically when you charge it but only at certain times of the day when you usually sleep

From Anonymous on 2016/06/08 00:33:59 +0000

The only time I charge my phone is when I go to sleep. Cant this activate directly when charging.
Nobody turns on this app without plugging in the phone so why not find a way to do this in automatic.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/14737476-starts-automatically-when-you-charge-it-but-only-a

From dave on 2016/07/12 17:26:40 +0000

Just to be clear, I, and others I know, don't use this app while plugged in.

Some of us still use replaceable battery phones so we're not constantly tethered to an outlet.

Fresh battery goes in each night before bedtime.

This is easily achievable anyway with Tasker. If you like, I'll make you the script or publish it to the Tasker script library. It's literally a 2 minute job.

From Sanda on 2016/06/13 08:43:47 +0000

if you do it, allow to choose not to start automatically. For large batteries that need to be charged once every few days would be annoying - I charge mine when I get home, wirelessly and don't want to have the app poping up every time i put the phone down after a call or else

From Petr Nálevka on 2016/06/09 11:23:46 +0000

Hello in fact all this can be very easily achieved using any automation app on Android, for example we support Tasker or IFTTT, you can configure sleep tracking to be started by any recognizable event on your phone, please check here:

From Anonymous on 2016/06/08 16:14:48 +0000

I understand but even the most voted feature here is asking for essentially the same thing, which would be a an important feature to have for this app.

You need to find some way to implement it.

Ex user can select one way to activate it automatically:
If put on charge start sleep montoring
or
If put on airplane mode start sleep montoring
or
If turned wifi off start sleep monitoring
or if time 12:00 starts sleep montoring

Can this be kept alive as an additional option for the current automatic tracking feature?

I tried the existing feature but it activates hours before I go to bed (probably because I tend to just set my phone somewhere in the evenings and not touch it). If you could keep the existing logic but also (optionally) only activate when plugged in, it would work 100% for me.

I know it’s possible to do this with external programs and in fact I used to have it set up with Llama, but I no longer use that for anything else and I don’t want to have an automation app running all day just for this.