Snooze - Sleep as Android

Snoozes delay your wake up if you do not yet feel rested on alarm time.

After hitting a snooze button on alarm screen, you get an additional period of sleep, and alarm time is postponed. You can also limit snoozing in various ways to prevent oversleeping.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org//alarms/snooze.html

What exactly is the formula for generating the list of snooze time options when both “halve snooze” and “changing snooze time” are enabled? The maximum selectable time does not seem to always simply halve and the one that is selected by default seems to also depend on what I selected previously, in addition to the “halving”. The other ones in the list are even more mysterious to me, for example recently I had the extreme case of getting a choice between 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15 and 22 minutes. How does that happen?
(I guess I could write down the choice lists in the future and try to figure it out based on that, since my phone is doing screen recordings of the alarms anyway, for complicated reasons.)

Is there a way to change the snooze time after you have selected it at alarm dismiss time?

For example, in the morning when my alarm is going off I mean to pick 20 mins snooze. But due to sleepiness I accidentally pick 5 mins. I’m then left either struggling to find an option to change the snooze length (I haven’t found it yet), or trying to go back to sleep knowing that my 20 mins snooze is ruined :joy:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Hello, once the snooze button is used, the alarm screen is hidden, and will show up only after the snooze period is over… We are worried, that if the users would be allowed to change the snoozed time, they could misuse this to prolong the snoozing and oversleep. So at that point, you can only dismiss the alarm.

Would it help to change the main large snooze button to your most used one or the last used one (Settings > Alarms > Snooze > Snooze duration)?