Smartlight Yeelight Support

Just tested it, worked perfectly :smiley:

Now, If only I could find a way to set it to run a custom yeelight scene, like the sunrise one, that would be perfect. It’s not related to SaA, but since the post is about Yeelight, I’ll look it up and report back for anyone interested :wink:

1 Like

Success!

Just in case someone isn’t aware of this, the Sunrise scene turns on the light at the lowest brightness with a reddish color, then gradually raises the brightness and changes the color to white, to simulate sunlight at sunrise. It takes about 15 minutes to reach full brightness.

First you need to download the Yeelight app. Not the Mi Home app. Then, just follow the instructions here: https://medium.com/@narongdej/simulate-sunrise-with-yeelight-bedside-lamp-and-sleep-for-android-a835052e1a13

Works like a charm!

With Tasker you can also set the app to start the Sunrise scene -before- the alarm rings, like 5 or 10 minutes, so when the alarm goes off there’s already some light in the room. I personally find IFTTT much more straitforward and easy to work with, but if anyone is interested you can find a tutorial here:

Quick update and question!

Integration still works perfectly, however I recently noticed that snooze causes the action to reset. For example, the normal alarm rings, Yeelight starts the morning/rise scene, and the light turns on on low brightness and slowly brightens up. However, if I have set snooze, after 10 minutes when the alarm rings again, the scene resets, it’s already bright enough but it gets back to low brightness and starts from scratch.

Is this normal behaviour? If not I could provide feedback in the morning.

Hi! I’ve created this request Please add some "Alarm configured" or "Alarm activated" Webhook
If there would be such a WebHook, you would’ve be able to configure some actions in the external scheduler by the time you configure the laram in the app.
Please take a look into it and if you think it deserves your vote - I don’t think that I need to continue here)