Smartlight - Sleep as Android

Any update on this? Would love Google Home (or even better: Home Assistant) integration in the app.

@petr-urbandroid

The idea is the alarm time is the time when we start trying to wake you up. In my own experience the light is already enough to wake you up and the sound is basically just a backup… so this would mean you would be woken up before your alarm time?

Wake-up lights have a slightly different effect on me. Most of the time, a wake-up light will induce light sleep, but not actually wake me up. Therefore, your proposed mechanism means I must take the time the smart light takes to increase in intensity in account for the alarm time. It also means that the vibrating alarm that actually wakes me up might not be at the best time, because it’s 15 minutes after the alarm logic has decided the alarm should start.

Because of this, I’ve taken to separately scheduling smart light sun-up in my smart light control software, and not using the smart light in SAA at all. But keeping that synchronized is a chore that I regularly forget, so either I wake up with no smart light or the smart light has induced light sleep 3 hours early and then gone off again.

It would therefore be great if there were an option to start the wake-up light at the start of the smart period – after all, that’s the start of the period I’m willing to be woken up – and gradually increase until the end of the smart period.

The alarm itself would then trigger as normal, regardless of whether the smart light has finished increasing to full intensity. In essence, the smart light is not part of “the alarm”.

1 Like

@MacGyver oki, I’m putting this to our TODO list to look at, I thinking about some special smart period feature to turn on the light gradually which would not be connected with the alarm, but simply start at smart period?

@petr-urbandroid

I thinking about some special smart period feature to turn on the light gradually which would not be connected with the alarm, but simply start at smart period?

Exactly. Thanks for putting it on the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

No chance of adding other smart lights anytime soon?

Hello, totally agree!

Hi, please consider adding support for Kasa smart lights. The Google Home app is able to see them, if that helps.

I would just get Phillips Hue but I don’t want to have to buy and run the bridge.

Hello @Andrew314, does this platform have an open API? Every integration relies on API from the vendor.
If they don’t want to go fully public, they can integrate our API (https://sleep.urbandroid.org/docs/devs/0parent.html).
Also, we need to be careful about which platform to integrate - creating a new integration is expensive, and our resources are limited. We must be sure the platform is viable in the long term (so all the work invested won’t be ruined after the platform switches protocols).

Alternatively, you can control the smart home via the automation - we support Tasker, Automate, IFTTT, webhooks, and MQTT.

1 Like

Thank you for responding @lenka-urbandroid.

From what I can find there is an API but it’s not officially documented. Some details here. But I understand that may not be enough to commit to it.

I found that they do have official integration with IFTTT so that’s promising. I also have experience with the Automate app so I’ll look into that too. Thanks for those suggestions.

Sadly, the unofficial API is the most susceptible to perish…

The automation is pretty powerful, so you should be able to get any task from the integration. We have intents for all events in the app. Hope it will help :slight_smile: .