Sleep with OnePlus Watch 2

Detailed description of the problem:
I am using the WearOS Wearable tracking with my new OnePlus Watch 2. I have verified that the app can “see” the watch sensor. I start the app from the watch before I sleep. It seems to only track two states: awake and light sleep. The built-in OnePlus sleep tracking reports the far more detailed level of tracking in all 4 phases. Is there a better sensor to use?
Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect OnePlus Watch 2 with Ohealth app.
  2. Set Sleep as Android to use the WearOS Sensor for tracking in Wearables.

Version of Sleep as Android:

2 Likes

Switched back to the Samsung Watch 5. It too is now producing simplified tracking in Sleep with the Wear OS sensor.

Hello, is it possible the app is connecting to the wrong wearable? Are they both on and within the BT reach?
Could you please use the Left ≡ menu → (?) Support → Report a bug, and send us your application logs, ideally right after you terminate a tracking with strange results.

Done.

Hi, for some reason, there is no similar report in our inbox - could you please try again? You should get an automatic bot reply as a confirmation.

So very interesting news. I set Sleep to be a shortcut when I double press the secondary button on the OnePlus Watch 2. When I did that before sleeping, it tracked every thing extremely accurately. Previously, I’d find the app from the app list and start tracking.

Even better, for the first time I was able to terminate tracking from the OnePlus Watch 2!

Ok, great. Did you get a full graph (no gaps)?

I did! However, the next night I repeated the same steps, and got only partial, like the others. I tried to send the logs, but I get:

Message not delivered

There was a problem delivering your message to noreply@forum.urbandroid.org. See the technical details below.
LEARN MORE

The email address is filled in when you generate the logs from the “report a bug”. The forum address cannot be used as a recipient address.
Either use the default address, that is automatically filled, or support@urbandroid.org.
This video shows how the logs generating from the “report a bug” menu looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3s26DmM3b0

I recently got a OnePlus Watch 2 as well and got a similar result. A potential culprit could be a setting that’s on by default. On the watch, in Settings → Battery → Settings there is an Auto hibernation feature that is set to turn on from 11pm to 5:30am and also “while sleeping.” It on by default and could definitely see that interfering with Sleep as Android. I’ll test turning that off tonight and see if it works any better.

screenshot-2024-06-24-08-58-43

Hi @dynamictaco, did you get a normal graph? I have another user on the support, with the same 1+ watch, and his graphs are full of gaps. If you got a strange graph, could you please send me the logs (Left ≡ menu → (?) Support → Report a bug)?