Sleep tracking needs a "sleep disrupted"-button

From Jenny Lähteenmäki on 2016/09/19 09:41:03 +0000

I would very much like to have a larger sized button (like the alarm- or snooze-dismiss-button) to press in sleep tracking mode, when I have been waked up by something. I would like to know at what time my sleep has been disrupted, and why (using tags).

I know there is the pause button (which is too small by the way), but it will not show in the sleep graph when it has been used.

I suppose every sleep as android user that has got young children and a spouse that works odd hours and nights would find this feature useful.

Thank you for such a great app!

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/16251523-sleep-tracking-needs-a-sleep-disrupted-button

From Orchun Kolcu on 2017/03/09 23:25:03 +0000

You have sleep detection in beta right? Don't make it a pause feature but simply assume the user is awake. Then let the sleep detection figure out when we are asleep again. You can't unpause when you are trying to fall asleep

From Sandy P on 2017/01/28 18:22:57 +0000

I use the noise recorder for this, and tracking dreams as soon as I wake up.
Literally woken up "woke up to pee, dreamt was on train, spys were…" flip to pause to go bathroom

From Adam Rollings on 2017/01/22 09:58:08 +0000

I sometimes have to be on call out for work and would greatly appreciate being able to put a reason against the pauses. I already pause tracking if I get a call but being able to put down a work tag on the pause would be great, especially when I put my time sheet in.

From Anonymous on 2016/11/25 17:23:52 +0000

I agree that I would prefer a much bigger pause button, because I am trying to track how many times I get up in the night. I have tried the flip to pause feature and got false data from it, so switched it off again!

From Anonymous on 2016/10/04 05:49:24 +0000

Somehow a nice big button that gives a clear response when pushed me more trustworthy than flipping over. One never knows it the flipping has the desired effect.

From Petr Nálevka on 2016/09/19 10:00:00 +0000

If you reach for your phone than you are probably awake anyway right? Filp to pause will start the same pause mechanism the button does and thus it will be clearly marked in your sleep graph as an awake stage…

From Jenny Lähteenmäki on 2016/09/19 09:57:49 +0000

Thank you for your fast answer! :slight_smile:

I actually prefer a button, science I feel I flip my phone on accident every time I reach for it. Also, I would like it to show clearly on the sleep graph afterwards, at what time(-s) I have been awakened during the night. Like you clearly see when the snoring noises have been recorded.