Samsung Watch 4

try to sync it via wear os app

The wear OS option does seem to work after installing the wear os app, but I’m assuming we should be using the new Galaxy 4 option

@Anthony_Liantonio this issue is resolved in latest BETA version …

To get the BETA, please first join our BETA Testers group at:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#feature-requestsThat you can opt-into the BETA at the following address:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.urbandroid.sleep
Or simply by visiting our Play Store listing and tapping “Join BETA”

Hey, it took around 2 days, but today I got approved for the BETA program. Clicking on the “Galaxy Watch 4+” option, it also opens the play store with an error message for me. I also tried downloading the latest BETA manually from your site ( sleep-20210827-beta-release.apk) - and it behaves all the same. Going to the “Sleep as Android” google play page - it specifically says I’m in the BETA program and installed it on my watch + on my phone.

I also just tried re-installing everything on my watch as well as on my phone - does not work. I’ll edit with a video in a bit.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u04PYR0N6Y - version 20210827 (22477)

1 Like

@KyoouN many thanks for reporting, you are right. I have prepared a fix and will be releasing this to BETA today…

1 Like

Many thanks for sharing the figures.

In my own tests, I’m around 50% consumption with HR and 30% without HR… which is IMHO a double of non-Samsung Wear OS watch…

We will be investigating this, the question of course is whether we can do something about it on our end… it is also possible that the battery life improves with some OS update later on…

Hi petr-urbandroid,
Something happened in last 4-5 days, either you made some changes or GW4 last update messed, but consumption without HR is 28-33% with HR is 34-37%. Before weekend, without HR it was maximum 13% per night.

Hi Petr,
Are you referring to the 20210827 and 4.7 versions of the app? If so, I already have those installed and the issue remains the same.

@Anthony_Liantonio sorry I missmatched the replies on the thread…

“many thanks for reporting, you are right. I have prepared a fix and will be releasing this to BETA today…” was in fact intended as a reply to you :)… I will be releasing the fix shortly… big thanks…

1 Like

No worries at all, thanks!

@debileq18 :slight_smile: oh, big thanks for reporting this… I found the issue… completely my fault… in fact I was cleaning up some logging we send over through BT to save some battery and during this process I accidentally cleaned up a wake lock release call… so in fact the current consumption is like if sensor batching would not work at all on the Galaxy Watch 4…

The sensor batching queue of 300 is not a miracle, but even a stand-by by for 10 seconds already shows battery benefits… so I’m just releasing a fixed version into BETA and alsoi updating the link on our website which should significantly reduce battery consumption hopefully back to the 15% you reported earlier…

Big sorry for this back and forth! And many thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Just release the fix to Play Store - will spend some time in review… and also updated the link:
https://sleep.urbandroid.org/wp-content/uploads/release/wear-prod-release-4.7.apk

Many thanks for everyone feedback on this!

1 Like

After the last patch, nighttime consumption was 15% with active HR and SPO2 (this admittedly was only reported to Samsung Health). So this looks very good.

The only thing missing to complete happiness is the SPO2 graph in the app.

@debileq18 great news… although I see that we are probably loosing some data as the sensor batch queue is really small so I will need to reduce the stand by time for GW4… so the final consumption will probably be somewhere between the 15-30% … I hope we can get more toward 15% here…

Used the new app and watch companion last night. Went from 30%+ drain with only HR on, to around 15%.

Massive improvement. Looking forward to even more development for the GW4. Y’all are awesome.

I also had the problem with the play store error page, but since the last beta patch it’s working without an issue, thanks for that.
Unfortunately it didn’t solve the battery drain problem for me. It drops ~20% per hour with HR + SPO2 off.
Any idea what can cause this issue?
I’ve already reinstalled it and restarted the device (both, phone and watch) but the problem remains.

Versions:
phone: 20210831 (22478)
watch: 4.7
installed through play store

Hello @PatrickFischer, I hope the battery drain issue is resolved but the fix was release just yesterday so maybe it did not yet reach you… I did not increase the version name in that fix only the build number so both are called 4.7…

Yesterday I installed the latest version (20210902 / 4.8) but the problem remains the same.
A while later a update of the watch appears which finally solved the issue.
Battery drain dropped from 20-25% per hour to 1-2% (with HR and SPO2 on) :slight_smile:

@PatrickFischer you mean GW4 system update?

Yes, a system update of the galaxy watch 4