[NEWS: BACK IN STORE!] Samsung integration pulled from the Galaxy store - official statement

Two weeks ago, the Sleep app for Samsung smartwatches (except Gear Fit 2 and the old Gear S1) has been suspended from the Galaxy Store by Samsung.

The official reason is high battery drain - which we know a lot of you have been worried about anyway.
We haven’t been warned by Samsung beforehand so we couldn’t really prepare for that - but we found a way to significantly reduce the battery usage of sleep tracking and as of today, the updated version is undergoing review by Samsung and hopefully be ready the next week. (Though from experience we know it can take up to a month to pass a review at Samsung).

Aaaaand it’s public!

https://galaxy.store/sle

(Apparently I’ve been underestimating Samsung a lot.)

The battery drain is still alive (over 50%/night at Samsung Gear Sport).

Could you please send a wearable report (Sleep > left menu > send wearable report) - I’ll take a look at the sensor batching queue that your watch has. Thank you

I wonder how is it nowadays… I sold my watch active2 partially because of this some months ago… Now thinking of rebuying if it’s better.

Hello, in fact with some support from Samsung we managed to make sensor batching working on Samsung. The update intervals are quite long - much longer than on other wearable platforms so the activity curve is a little too smooth on the Samsung, but still we think this is useable and the battery requirements are much lower now…

So hopefully this issue has been resolved on the Gear.galaxy devices…

I cannot find the Sleep in the Galaxy Store. I am very disappointed because I bought the watch pretending to use the Sleep app.

Hello @Luiza_Crivano, the app is availabel in the Galaxy Store, but there is a very much cumbersome process by Samsung where we need to check every single combination of Watch X Phone, you can imagine tehre are hundreds of combinations we need to check and it changes all the time… so we need to of the every new release of the app… so if you have a new phone it may be the case this particular combination is not yet allowed…

Hi, greetings all. I’m relatively new here at SleepAsAndroid, just got my first smart watch (Galaxy 3 smart watch) and just upgraded my Samsung phone to a Samsung A51-G. I’m so :confused: confused (jk, just a little) I was using Sonar but now that I have a smartwatch I won’t need Sonar, right? Well, maybe I should have started a new thread but how do I turn Sonar off? I’m about to dive into the SAA user manual. I’d prefer not to have Sonar on because I have had sleep apnea in the past and I like to listen to my sound recordings to hear how I’m breathing through the night and that’s hard to do with Sonar.

Does galaxy a50 support saa on galaxy store?

Just change the sleep aa settings to use your wearable and once thats done your watch will detect your movements,thats how it worked with me and still does,hope its the same for you,dont need to tell it not to use sonar

Cannot install it with my pixel 4a (5g) on my samsung gear s2… :confused: