Play Spotify Music on Google Home when alarm triggers?

Is there any way (even if I have to use Tasker/IFTTT) to trigger my morning alarm to play music from Spotify on my Google Home? I know the app has experimental Spotify support but if I understand correctly that’s just on the device itself. Even being able to send a “command” to the Google Home would be enough to solve this.

1 Like

I would like to be informed of developments regarding this.

Dont know and doesn’t sound like a good suggestion

Spotify music is great to be an alarm ringtone. If you can download the songs, you can set them as ringtone. AudFree Spotify Music Downloader can save the music as MP3 files. So you can easily make the music as alarm ringtone. The AudFree website gives you more about the tool.

I have 2 methods to set Spotify Song as Alarm
1.The Google Clock app is an alarm app that can function as an alarm, timer, stopwatch, of a world clock. Along with functioning as an alarm, you can set alarms for a series of days. Besides, it is integrated with Spotify so you can wake up with your favorite track, album, or playlist from Spotify of the moment.
2.Compared with the solutions for Spotify alarm Android or Spotify alarm iPhone, it is easier to use Spotify as alarm iPhone or Android using a third-party tool like Tunelf Spotify Music Converter
Hope it works for you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

To play Spotify music on Google Home, you could convert Spotify music to MP3 via DRmare Spotify Music Converter and then listen to the music on Google Home easily.

For me, I use TunesKit Spotify Music Converter Windows to download and convert Spotify songs to MP3 for listening on Google Home. It’s easy to operate, allowing you to export the lossless quality at a fast speed, including the original ID3 tags of files.

Well, it can’t directly trigger the alarm to play the Spotify songs. You need to use a Spotify Downloader or something else like this to download Spotify songs as common audio files in advance. Currently, I can’t think of other workable methods.

Yes, you can set up what’s called a routine on the Google Home where you can say “Hey Google, good morning” and it will play the items of your choice - weather, news and music. For Spotify you would need to set Spotify as the default music app beforehand however.

@dakotajones FYI

Dear Fillysun, thanks very much for sharing this DRmare Spotify Music Converter, I have used it to convert my Spotify music and playlists to MP3 and upload them to my Google Play Music for playing Spotify music on my Google Home by default. And I have set the Spotify music as the morning alarm. Warm-up with my favorite music is unbelievable.

Another method is to use Allavsoft. Allavsoft also works great to convert Spotify music to MP3.
It is easy to use. Simply copy and paste the Spotify music or playlist link to Allavsoft and click Download button, it will convert Spotify music to MP3 320kbps. Then you may play it anywhere anytime you like.

Haha, using the tool - Spotify playlist downloader, you can download the music from Spotify to Google Home supported formats like MP3, etc. That will enable you to add Spotify music to Google Home as an alarm sound. Then in the morning, you can wake up to the music you like.

Hello,you can transfer the downloaded Spotify music to Sansa MP3 player, however, how to do?
I have ever use a Spotify music converter, which can help me download Spotify to MP3 with easy clicks. This Spotify music converter enables you to free download songs from Spotify and convert Spotify music to MP3. The following guide will show you how to download and convert Spotify Music to MP3 and play Spotify music on MP3 player.
Step 1. Start Spotify Music Converter
Step 2. Add songs that you want to download
Step 3. Select MP3 as output Format
Step 4.Start Download Spotify Music to MP3

When the conversion is done,you can transfer the converted Spotify Music to any mobile phone, iPod/iPhone or MP3 Players for offline playback without DRM limitation,so you can listen Spotify music without Spotify app or Spotify players.

There is no such function yet. I have submitted user feedback and hope it will be implemented in the future. But you can download music from Spotify to your computer, which seems to be the only way for free. I do the same. A friend recommended DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter to me. It is said to be pretty good.

The biggest difficult point is how to get unprotected yet playable music from Spotify so that you can use it as alarm anywhere you want. Take it an easy thing and u can just resort to a dedicated Spotify music converter to convert your Spotify music quickly. Then set it as alarm handily.