Notify & Fitness - Sleep phases is gone after latest update - needs delete of data [SOLVED]

Hi,

My sleep phases has stopped being registrated
I have this issuse under generel discussion but couln’t change it to bugs

I can see start, end and awake periods.

I use Mi Band 4 to registrate on Samsung Galaxy s10e.

Latest Sleep as Android version

Version of Sleep as Android:

Hello @Sari_Anita_Tummler, can you please check https://dontkillmyapp.com/samsung? After a while Samsung can put apps to Sleep and prevents them from working in background… this can affect Sleep as Android as well as Tools & Mi Band or Notify & Fitness which ever you are using…

i have exactly the same problem. I just do not read data from the accelerometer. pulse reads correctly. everything worked for me until recently. I’ve already tried beta. I also cleared application data mifit, notify, SaA. smartphone - mi a2. custom firmware based on AOSP. everything worked on this firmware for a long time. so I do not think that this is the case in the firmware. I think the reason is that updating one of the applications broke the application bundle…

I don’t think this will help. I have the same problem but not Samsung.

The same for me. It worked until resently - without doing anything it suddently stopped working from one day to another. Will it help unintall Latest update?

I tried to identify the source of the problem myself. I removed notify and installed the old version (13.0.2). in my case everything started working well. but there is one caveat. these attachments cannot be restored correctly. so I installed the latest version again. I will wait for a solution to the problem.

Thanks. I’ll do the same. Meanwhile I’ll use sleepdata from Mi Band app

Hello, sorry about the issues. This may be some problem in the latest Notify & Fitness app… some users have reported that uninstalling and re-installing Notify and Fitness also resolved the problem for them (not even downgrading)… We will contact the dev of Notify & Fitness about this… also alternatively you can use Tools & Mi Band which should be working without issues with Sleep as Android…

Hi folks, we have more and more reports and we were also able to reproduce this that uninstalling and re-installing Notify & Fitness resolved it…

It didn’t help me. Am I supposed to unintall both Notify Mi Band and Sleep As Android?

Just Notify… sorry it did not help we have contacted the dev…

Thank you. I’ll wait for a solution then. Notify Mi Band is a better app than Tools & Mi Band imo - so would be happy if I could keep it

@Sari_Anita_Tummler I was thinking that maybe reinstall is not the best way to reset the app as Android backup system can restore all data instantly after reinstall… if you did that did you configure Notify & Fitness anew or everything was already set?

To make sure the data get really reset I think it may be necessary to go to Settings > Apps > Notify & Fitness > Storage > Clear Data IMHO…

Many thanks for your feedback…

Thank you so much. I did keep data on previous reinstalls because I wanted to keep previous sport and sleepdata. I reinstalled it without keeping data, and started sleeptracking for a couple of minutes. It looks like it is working now. After next night, I’ll know for sure. Can I import backup or is that a bad idea? If neccesary I can do wirhout

Great news… many thanks for testing this and letting us know…

After one night’s sleep I can see it works again :+1:

@Sari_Anita_Tummler great news, big thanks for letting us know… We are no suggesting this as a workaround also for other users who have this problem… Big thanks! Great news it is working now…