Nokia Sleep as Trigger

I just bought a Nokia Sleep sensor and was hoping that there is a way to trigger the start/stop of a sleep measurements via it, but it doesn’t seem to be the case.
I had a look at the IFTTT integration of SaA, but that seems to only allow sending triggers to IFTTT from the app, not the other way around?

The Nokia Sleep sensor has an IFTTT integration that can trigger e.g. my hue lights, so on that front there shouldn’t be any problems with an integration.

The Health Mate app by Nokia does provide some metrics, but Sleep as Android has been my companion for years (although i’ve given up on manually starting the sleep tracking after a while) and i love the depth of the statistics, so it would be awesome if there was some way to combine them both.

Hey @jangrewe!
This is definitely possible. IFTTT isn’t however a good tool to trigger anything on your Android device - it needs a web backend connected to the app which you want to control.
Sleep as Android is completely offline, so we’ll need something else: Tasker, with the AutoRemote plugin.

I’ll let you figure it out but if you need any help, let me know. I got it working in about 10 minutes and the flow is:

Nokia Sleep > IFTTT Webhooks > Autoremote > Tasker > Sleep as Android.

Or, you may also find that Nokia Sleep could use Tasker directly, in which case you could skip all the web part. But I wouldn’t know about this…