Monitor room temperature

From Suzan on 2014/11/11 03:13:12 +0000

Temperature is a leading cause is sleep loss.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/6696768-monitor-room-temperature

From Anonymous on 2017/08/25 04:49:28 +0000

More devices now support temperatures. I have the Garmin vivoactive hr and it includes a thermometer.

Maybe if the third party device that is connected provides a thermometer sensor in its API, check that's available and start using it.

1 Like

From Aalex Gabi on 2016/10/07 05:45:30 +0000

I think that most phones have battery thermometer.

This week it was really hard to wake up and get up from bed. I slept 10 hours each day although normally I sleep 8. I looked online for reason for which I may have overslept and I found that temperature plays a very important role in sleep.

Then I remembered that I have changed the blanket for a thicker one last weekend. Today I tried using the older blanket and It was amazing: I woke up instantly.

When using the phone's thermometer the temperature will be accurate enough after a hour of stand by because most phones use battery thermometers. For people using bracelets that are capable of recording temperature, the application should read the temperature from the bracelet. The big advantage when using the bracelet is that the temperature under the blanked may be measured if it has an external thermometer and not just the body temperature.

2 Likes

From Joost van den Broek on 2016/06/25 11:39:32 +0000

What about temperature and humidity, since all modern phones support these measurements. Maybe some algorithm which takes battery charge heat in account. My experience is when fully charged, the measured temperature is quite accurate. An manual offset could also be incorporated.

1 Like

From Anonymous on 2016/05/11 04:45:35 +0000

Could outside temperature be used instead of inside to find statistics about wheater and sleep interaction?

1 Like

From Elijah on 2016/04/01 19:04:46 +0000

Integrate thermodo with the app

From Trolli.solaris on 2016/01/26 12:39:13 +0000

Today I suggestet the feature "Netatmo data integration". The Netatmo weather station delivers the room temperature, the humidity and CO2-level :slight_smile:

1 Like

From Paweł Polewicz on 2015/10/11 10:23:05 +0000

All devices have a thermometer for their battery. While I doubt this one can give you an accurate absolute measurement, the relative temperature of the battery over a long period of time is probably enough to find out why you can't sleep sometimes.

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5974063/how-to-get-battery-temperature-in-android for the API details

1 Like

From Andy Bryant on 2014/12/10 11:33:56 +0000

Would be excellent if you could integrate temperature (and CO2) data from my Withings smart scales also in my bedroom! This would let me see sleep, temp and CO2 in one app!!!

From Denise on 2014/11/30 22:42:16 +0000

I just wanted to support that idea mabye you could add some support with external devices for retrieving temperature information?

Does anybody know if there was any progress in this direction? It will be great to somehow track room temperature in the sleep graph. Specially to monitor trend over time, if certain temperatures result in better sleep.

I’d love to compare sleep quality to temperature.

support conversation with Denver

The way I would like to implement this is by monitoring both outdoor and indoor temperature, including indoor humidity and outdoor humidity in the sleep graph, the outdoor temperature would be provided by a weather forecast service and indoor temperature would be provided by a thermometer & hygrometer monitor that could allow it’s data to be imported into SaA or be intergrated with SaA.