Mid-Sleep Medication Alarm or Adapt Lucid Function?

Greetings,
I need to take a medication at least 2hrs after I go to sleep. I tried to use the lucid dreaming function for this and it worked great to wake me about 2hrs after going to sleep. But I didn’t realize it would repeat every 2hrs. Is there any way to choose how many times this goes off? (Not how many times the noise repeats).

Either way, a short alarm that is triggered by starting sleep tracking but does not terminate sleep tracking would be great. The Lucid Dreaming function worked perfectly if only it could be selected how many times it went off during active sleep tracking.

I’d rather not use the sleep duration alarm because I sometimes use Philips Hue with that.

Thank you!

Hello, you can configure an alarm, that does not end the tracking (disable “Terminate tracking” in the per-alarm settings). However the smart-light integration might be an issue, as it will follow the routine configured for all alarms.
Our app does not have a feature for this use case at the moment, but an automation service could be used for this (https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org/services/automation.html).

The lucid dreaming alert does not go off every 2 hours, but each time the REM phase is detected, so the timing depends on the progress of your sleep.

Thanks!

I think I’m going to use my regular timer app after finding I could change the sound, then I guess I will just turn it on right before I initiate sleep tracking each night.

And I see what you mean about the lucid function. I don’t lay my phone on my bed, so for me the “sleep phase” estimator and motion sensing is not something I use. I am always a bit surprised by how much “movement” my bedside table supposedly goes though each night. Haha!

If you were already used to the notification sound from our app and wish to use it for another notification ringtone, contact support@urbandroid.org, we can help you with that :slight_smile:

The accelerometers in phones are surprisingly precise, so even when you put the steady on a table, they will detect movement. The sleep analysis works with the data set, so the data peaks are evaluated relatively to the rest of the data. So the app will always try to work with the data set, no matter how small the movement was monitored (more details here).

I do like the movement feature because if I’m up a lot for any reason, I can pick up my phone and shake it and review what times I had to get up and how often.