Lucid dreaming - Sleep as Android

Lucid dreaming alarm cues will play once the app detects you are dreaming (in REM phase).

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org//sleep/lucid_dreaming.html

Hi!

This is a cool feature. But I want a vibration on the connected bracelet (mi band 3) to stir me up. Is it possible?

I assume you’ve configured the Mi Band 3 in both the SaA app and in the companion app (I use the Mi Band Tools / Tool & Mi Band app).

If so, these settings in SaA work for me (Mi Band 2):

Settings -> Sleep -> Lucid dreaming ->

• Enabled [V]
  • Ringtone set to ‘Silent’.
  • Vibrate [V]
  • Volume set to 100%
  • Loop audio 3x

This should give:

• NO sound from (Silent) Ringtone.
  • Vibration on Mi Band 2.
  • NO vibration on phone.

N.B. The ‘Preview’ vibrates the Mi Band 2 and the phone, but the actual lucid dreaming cue will only
vibrate the Mi Band 2.

I hope this helps.

Hi, this is a great feature.
Is there a way to get this to work in normal (non-tracking) alarm mode? Like, play “you’re dreaming” every 90 mins or a custom interval .
I use the default alarm feature and place my phone far away from my bed (as I tend to switch off/remove my phone’s battery)

Can you please update the documentation on these settings? For example, what does the sensitivity setting do? I am getting sometimes this cue when I am awake. Should I set the sensitivity higher or lower? Since it should only cue me when REM is detected, are there other settings elsewhere in the app to improve sleep phase detection? Thanks. I love the app!

1 Like

Mine too, the alarm sounds when I am awake!

Hi all,

please have a look here https://sleep.urbandroid.org/how-do-we-measure-your-dreams/
 the article describes how we are doing the REM detection and related lucid lucid dreaming and what are the inaccuracies

Of course there may be false positives as we are assuming your REM phase from indirect hints rather than actually detecting REM - as for this we would need an EEG
 To minimize thsi kind of issues you can set the Later setting in Settings > Lucid dreaming and make sure e.g. that the cue does not start in the first 2 hours of your sleep tracking

J’entends Ă©galement le signal du rĂȘve lucide en Ă©tant Ă©veillĂ©e. À chaque fois, c’est quand je me rĂ©veille en pleine nuit plus de 2 heures aprĂšs mon endormissement

MI band 6
My settings:
Settings -> Sleep -> Lucid dreaming ->

• Enabled [V]
  • Ringtone set to ‘Silent’.
  • Vibrate [V]
  • Volume set to 100%
  • Loop audio 3x

I’m press preview button but no vibration as result. It is normal?

1 Like

How does the sensitivity option work exactly?

Hello,
How can I apply similar settings as described for the mi band reply for a Garmin Vivoactive watch? I have been struggling to use the watch to track my sleep with the app despite it’s ability to do so on its own. I tried downloading the app associated w app to the watch, but was unable to link it to my phone app? Been trying to get this done for 2 years so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I too, have been getting this mostly when I am awake. I adjusted the sensitivity to be lower, which I presume will make it happen less while awake?
I’m guessing it’s more due to me then the app that this is being triggered, as I have narcolepsy which is associated with fragmented night time sleep. Do you have any other settings which could be useful in this scenario? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi all ! I have the same problem with my wearable. I’m using Garmin Fenix 7 which is in the supported device list. Its seem to connect fine, works fine as alarm, but ! Lucid dreaming feature doesnt work properly.

I did the exactly same process and set my settings same as @Deepmind

Even when i try to preview how the dreaming cue will work, the wearable doesn’t vibrate at all. Recently I updated the app to the newest version but it didn’t fix the problem. Please help !

P.S. I’ve looked through dontkillmyapp so my SaA works fine through the whole night

Enables vibrations upon lucid dreaming cues. If a wearable is connected, the cues will vibrate only on the wearable.

@petr-urbandroid, does SAA send com.urbandroid.sleep.watch.START_ALARM or com.urbandroid.sleep.watch.HINT intent to wearable addon when user enables vibration upon lucid dreaming cues ?

Hello @Den 
 START_ALARM is really only for the morning alarm, where HINT is for any vibration cues during the night like anti-snoring, lucid dreaming, low breath rate alarm etc
 does the doc need updating on this? Many thanks!

1 Like