Lower minimum volume level

From Maxence Wenzinger on 2017/10/19 12:53:05 +0000

This suggestion has been rejected many times for reasons that I can’t possibly understand.

Anyway:
-the lowest I can set the volume to is MUCH higher that what I can set it to on the “play music” app. It is far too loud for me, I wish I could set it to like a fifth of what I can right now,
-the problem persists with a gentle alarm set at 24 minutes. The sound is actually muted for like a minute, then it increases instantly to the minimum level you can set on the app (far higher that what you can set it to on actual music apps).
-my phone is a galaxy S7 Edge, not a “OnePlus device”, and my music is stored directly on my phone, not on an “external service like Spotify”

Ideally, I’d want to be able to set my volume to go from like 1% of max volume to maybe 5% with the “gentle alarm”.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/31941046-lower-minimum-volume-level

From Petr Nálevka on 2017/10/23 11:19:36 +0000

Hello Maxance, normally we do not use the system-wide increments - we use our own media player for the alarm there we can set volume freely - so in case of 24 minutes of gentle volume increase you probably would not even recognize the increments with your ear…

But in some special cases we need to rather control the system-wide volume - for example when you use a Spotify alarm and we do not have direct control over the media player. And in this case we need to rely on the increments you phone provides…

I do not know why your setup uses the system wide volume but there is a reason for that which I would find out from a menu - report a bug…

From Maxence Wenzinger on 2017/10/19 23:40:19 +0000

Thanks for your answer, I used report a bug, but I highly doubt it's actually a bug.
The problem is that the "smallest increments" you use in audio volume are not, in fact, the smallest increments available. After further testing, I realized that your increments are exactly those you get from using the side buttons of the phone, meaning that there are exactly 16 different volume levels available. Much more precise volume adjustments can be made using the touchscreen.

As for the "Gentle volume increase period", I litterally posted that I set it at 24 minutes, which is the longest setting available on your app.

And there's still the problem of gentle volume increase starting from a volume of 0, which makes no sense. (As well as the fact that the max volume level can't be set I guess)