It stopped recording in middle of night

Hello,

I’ve put the phone on my bed as usual, but it stopped recording at 4am.
I woke up at 8:15am when my alarm clock was set…

How can I manually add the missing sleep time ?

And why did it do that ? I haven’t changed anything in the parameters

Hi, if the recording stops abruptly, please check https://dontkillmyapp.com/, and make sure the app is excluded from all system restrictions, and is allowed to run in the background.

For adding the missing sleep, you can either use manual input (the “+ Add Sleep” button on the shortcut card), or you can use Sleep time estimation feature (Settings > Sleep tracking > Sleep time estimation).

Thank you, I’ve been able to add the missing time
The app is allowed in background, I hope it won’t happen too often.
Thanks

Manually started tracking ends only manually, or with an alarm. If the tracking stopped without your interaction, it was terminated by some system restriction. Most phones have multiple system restrictions hidden all over the place and under different names.

I have this same issue recurring where my sleep tracking just stops during the night. So when I pull up the app in the morning, it’s just the dashboard and the tracking has “crashed” and has lost whatever tracking it had been doing since I went to sleep.
This “crashing” behaviour comes and goes and I haven’t been able to find a pattern but seems like it stops/crashes about 35%-50% of the time.
I get that I can compensate with manual entries, but that’s really not the point when we’re dealing with this amount of failures. I haven’t been able to find much in documentation on troubleshooting this.

Hello Cornelius, if your phone keeps terminating background processes, when the phone is not actively used, you need to disable those system restrictions, so the app can measure your sleep till the end.
You can find more details about this at https://dontkillmyapp.com/.
The higher the Android you have, the more severe restrictions there might be. Especially some vendors have so brutal “optimizations”, that the background tasks are nearly impossible to run.

This should be also covered by the “Tracking crashes, stops suddenly” topic in the documentation: