Integration of OPPO Band (heart rate, oxygen, movement) with Sleep As Android

Dear Readers,
according to the specification (https://www.oppo.com/en/accessories/oppo-band/specs/), OPPO Band continuously measures the pulse, oxygen (how it turns on) and movement. It is a cheap device containing sensors (3-axis acceleration sensor, optical heart rate sensor, optical SpO2 sensor) for additional Sleep As Android functions, ie Oximeter, Wearables. It’s good if someone took care of the software to try to replace the expensive and inconvenient Berrymed oximeters with custom firmware. Maybe the measurements are relatively accurate as the sensors look like in my vívosmart 4 and Fitbit Sense, which are expensive solutions.
Greetings,
Marek
ps: I recommend OPPO Band to a friend who meets the STOP-Bang criteria, but I do not believe in their software because it is too new.

Hello @mszewczy,

unfortunately OPPO bands do not provide the required 3rd party integration options, IMHO those devices are completely closed and only communicate with their proprietary app. The device needs to have an API that grants access to adhoc sensor data. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this device does not have such API.

Currently we have integrated with Wear OS devices, Pebble, Gear, Garmin IQ Conect, FitBit Versa/Ionic and a few others. You can watch our current integration progress here:

The only non-API integration works with Mi Band and Amazfit devices thanks to bluetooth sniffing geniuses like Zdenek Horak of Tools & Amazfit or Matteo of Notify & Fitness… these guys were able to crack into the closed protocol of those devices which is an heroic extremelly time consuming task and we do not posses the resources to do so…

Anyway if there is anyone willing to reverse engineer the BT protocol and do some integration, Sleep as Android has an open API so anyone can integrate any device with Sleep as Android although we do not have the resource to go this way. Please check our doc on our wearable API here:

Also please note that SPO2 tracking is now possible on more and more open devices not just the Berry Med oximeters (which may still be more precise because of the position of the sensor)…

E.g. I’m tracking my SPO2 every day with Sleep as Android on my TicWatch 3 Pro GPS… theoretically all other Wear OS devices with an Oximeter should also be supported. We shoudl also have SPO2 tracking in place for Garmin devices…

At the moment there is no SPO2 tracking for Gear/Galaxy as Samsung did not open up an API for SPO2 for 3rd party developers…

Also we are trying to make SPO2 tracking possible on Mi Band and Amazfit devices but at he moment we just have the raw LEDs output from the sensor - not the resulting SPO2 value and even we did several attempts to calculate SPO2 from that it does not yet seem realiable…

Hope that helps…

Petr