I have a dog / cat sleeping with me in bed. Will the sleep tracking be accurate? - Sleep as Android

This depends on several factors. The general rule is to not allow the pet to move your phone, ideally only your movements should move the device. So in this case it’s best to place Your device either under the pillow or to have an armband or smartwatch/smartband. If your pet is a calm one, it may just work. However, if your pet is used to jump in and out of bed several times a night, the sleep tracking will most probably register these events as light sleep occurrences.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org//faqs/pet_in_bed.html

Just informational… I have a cat that likes to sleep on my phone. Sometimes, the snoring is his. LOL

1 Like

Hello! Im laughed a little about this bcs I have my Dog Gizmo sleeping with me in my bed. And same for me, I can hear him sleeping too. (He is a mix the mom is 75%chihuahua/25%papillon the father is unknown but he has a lot of speciall behaviors that are very true to came from an Jack Russell its also most true because his about the dubble size of the both mix from the mother.) So he can snore really loudly and make the most craziest and funny speaks in sleep. So its funny to hear me snoring then he is, then me than he… Im also talk a lot of shit in my sleep, and from the beginning this was why I wanted to start recording my sleep, for me to hear what im really talking about, for me to see/hear, if my past experiences that is a lot of horrible and scary traumas as a kid, and if all of that actually happen to effect me as much as that do in daytime. And if my sleep is a time for me to Processing this thing, (as some people tell us that sleep does for us) And the fact is that Im isch 33 years now, and for me hearing from the recordings that im talking to my abusers, screaming, fighting and me having the strength to making Resist makes me so proud bcs I didn’t have that as a child.
So for me as a child that not being believed by a lot of adults as my mom for exempel when telling her, that her new guy that she met when I was about 2-3 and all that start, but them both were, (and my mom was even before him) fysical and deep mentally braking me down so, I think she knows deep in hear but will never be able to tell anyone, or get anyone but him support. Maybe because she has been so Mean and physically degrading, so if she had taking my side, like a mother should, maybe that she is scared, that he should tell the police and everybody else about this. I haven’t think about this at that way, I actually get that in my mind now, when im writing this, and thats the only thing and the only reason I can make out of this, before this moment i had no good explanation, at all, and that was even worst. And have making me alway felt that something was wrong with me or that I wasn’t worth better… So for me this was also a way for me to get some true proof that no one can say lying or not being true, because our underlying concerns and truth and traumas are not lying. Its sad :pensive: most of that Im hear but good in lot of ways, like told upper :arrow_up::back:, and that my body working so fantastic that it’s trying to save me and helping myself from this terrifying things when I’m sleeping and not aware of it in the same way… And also, If someone, its my body thats trusting me and also Confirms me and whats rwallt happend. And thats make me really strong.

Im also making som crayzy things like laughing really loud
Im even Gal like a rooster, in one recording :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that was not hard to hear that I REALLY was sounding as a rooster. So damn sick, the most funny thing of all I’ve ever heard…

Is this trauma thing your whole personality? I googled the name because I was wondering if someone was so crazy to share such personal details with their real name, just to find even more personal information like this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s indeed what trauma does to a person and many traumatized ppl are very lonely in their trauma and the internet is an amazing way to share, cause it has the upside of being pretty anonimous and only the ppl who want to respond react (burdening one friend with the load does not tend to end well) and it can really heal. I did it, and among therapy it changed my life. Especially since (most often on Pinterest) ppl respond with amazing tips to deal with it. I would personally not have picked this thread to share so much, but sometimes stuff just blurs out and once you start it is hard to stop.
I since a year abandoned writing about it, bc it just reloops it and I deceided not to spend another word on ppl who do not deserve that attention and I pretty much closed it off. But tht took years. I highly recommend therapy for ppl in this situation and don’t be afraid to shop till you find one that’s good for you. Reserve a set time to fret about it (this isn’t always possible, i know but it gets easier with practice), but also reserve time that’s just your time where the past is not allowed in. Meditation helps to get there and yoga helps to get it out of your body. (It doesn’t have to look good, just make it fun .)
I wish Mirjana the strenght to fullfill her journey and the ability to accept the limits of her healing and be able to live the life you deserve. I would advice to not use your real name for future posts so ppl won’t be able to attack you by finding you on the internet and to find the community behind the trauma posts (comment section) on Pinterest, cause they are amazing.

Kind regards Jen.

For real. There are good places on the internet for people to rant about their victimhood if they want to participate in that echo chamber, but this is definitely not one of those places – the topic of this thread wasn’t even remotely anything to do with it. This is a sleeping app, for fuck’s sake. Not to mention, blathering about your childhood problems all over the internet is not the way to heal, it’s just the way to cement that abuse as your entire identity. The more strangers offer condolences the more positive feedback she receives to base her personality around being a victim. She knows what she has to do to actually heal: countless strangers have told her every time she posts about her childhood abuse in some random forum like for a sleeping app.

Not to mention it just reeks of self-absorption. And that’s all assuming she’s not just a troll. I pity her, but clearly she wants to identify as and be identified as a child abuse victim. If nobody has suggested to her that she converse with an AI chatbot, then that’s my suggestion: then she can shout into the void, nobody else has to hear it, and she can get that positive reinforcement she craves. Yay for ChatGPT! :smiley:

Ugh, and now I’m annoyed with myself for wasting time reading and responding to this bullshit, lmao. That’s my own fault. :slight_smile: Everyone else, be well \m/