I don't trust the results, it is fake / generating random data - Sleep as Android

Accelerometric sensors are really sensitive, which is great for sleep tracking. Normally, what you see when you leave the phone on the table gets immediately dwarfed when you do some more significant move. Just leave phone on the table for a while and you will see a dramatic development, but then move the phone and you will see all the development is really tiny in comparison to the new peak.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org//faqs/dont_trust_results.html

Interesting. I was thinking that it would change to microphone if it did not detect movement. Your post seems to show me I’m wrong.

Thank you for your informative and grammatically correct replies to questions! I struggle with the app, but this really helps!

@Patrick_Deschamps we use mic when you configure to use Sonar, also we use it for sound classification - snoring, talking etc… but when you use the accelerometer sensor in your phone or wearable we do not use the mic for activity tracking…

In general if you base activity tracking on the sounds you simply cannot track two personas in bed…as their phases would totally interfere…

@Heather_Saylor how are you struggling with the app. What are the issues?.. we are here to help…

I sleep with a fan on so anything to do with the mic is useless for me. The sleep recordings just recorded 10 minute clips no matter how high I set the sensitivity, the app never filtered the fan as white noise.