How to make it so when I turn a particular alarm on, then it automatically starts sleep tracking?

See title.

I feel like I must be right under my nose. I use the default terminate which has Ben helpful. Would be nice to automatically start as well.

Hello, alarms and sleep tracking are mostly independent feature… the only think which makes them work together is that when alarm starts sleep tracking terminates - unless configured differently…

But you can use shortcuts for that IMHO… For instance with a Sleep 7 hours shortcut (7 hours = your ideal sleep time)… this will schedule an alarm and start sleep tracking at the same time…

Or you could use automation like Tasker see https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org/devs/intent_api.html

1 Like

Thank you so much.

I recommend your Sleep As Android app to everybody. I’ve even bought it for them before. It makes me happy to use it every day and always noticing little details and new features.

The only thing I don’t quite understand is why I cannot change the shortcuts manually?Is this a feature that is coming in the future? Would be nice to be able to manuallya delete and add shortcuts, and also to pin or lock certain ones so they are always available and shown first.

I added an alarm for my ideal sleep time a few times and now I have the shortcut, thanks.

Thank you for everything ya’ll do. I’m looking forward to trying more of your apps and add-ons.

My favorite feature is the money-optional incentive goals. I believe it is the most ethical way to monetize such a thing. Lovely psychology and economics there.

Hello, big thanks…at the moment you can either pin the while shotcuts card to the top, but not individual shortcuts sorry…

The shortcusts are based on your settings, so the nap shortcut shows the last 2 used nap times and the sleep shortcut uses your ideal sleep duration…

We think about your suggestion to make shortcuts more customizable…

Many thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated…