High quality data export: always use the same sampling interval!

From Raza on 2016/03/18 06:10:46 +0000

I’d like to have the option to have sleep recording always use the same sampling interval.

Right now, when I’m looking at my exported data, the intervals are usually roughly 5 minutes long, but for some sessions the average interval suddenly dives way lower.

Also, not every interval appears to be of the same length within sessions, although this might be a problem with the true interval not being divisible without remainder by the (rather poor :confused: ) temporal resolution used for the clock data.

Anyway, I don’t know if SaA actually tracks the data this inconsistently or if you just simplify it a lot for the export feature, but this state of affairs makes doing your own external analyses of the exported data pretty near impossible. I like SaA on a lot of counts, but this is really a major (and needless!) problem for people who want to track their sleep beyond SaA’s simple internal analyses. Could you please add a setting that stabilizes this, and eliminate excessive simplification/rounding of exported data if that currently happens?

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/13017138-high-quality-data-export-always-use-the-same-samp

From Péter Soltész on 2016/05/25 11:54:14 +0000

absolutely support this…