Handle two of more android wear devices

From Matthew LeBaugh on 2015/10/04 12:53:54 +0000

When a user has two or more android wear devices they must disconnect the device they are not using. The app should detect if a watch is charging and not use that device. Or ask the user which wear device to track with.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/10057332-handle-two-of-more-android-wear-devices

From Chris Burns on 2015/10/17 05:05:54 +0000

I agree, I use an Android Wear device during the day and wear another just to sleep due to battery limitations. It seems the app monitors the wrong device while sleeping, and the current disconnect/reconnect is indeed combersome. This is what brought me here, other than that I love the app and have used it for 3 years so far.

I have a Gear S2 I wear most of the day, and then a cheap Mi-Fit I use for sleep tracking. however, this has become problematic because of a few bugs:
-I can’t use both; it will only track the Gear S2
-If I turn off the Gear S2 manually to force it to use the MI, it still launches the Gear tracking app, with no way to close it in the morning
-I tried using Tasker to manually disconnect bluetooth and start tracking; this works, but suffers from the same bug as above

On the “waiting for wearable” screen, it should allow you to select which wearable or option and use that. This would be significantly helpful.

1 Like

This was implemented - thanks!