Google Assistant experimental features?

I saw from today’s release notes that Google Assistant features have been added (!!)

“Experimental Google Assistant app actions added (open/start/stop tracking, alarms, dashboard)”

Anyone know where to find this or how to activate it? I can’t seem to find it in the app.

8 Likes

Interested in that too!

2 Likes

me too!

2 Likes

I received a reply from app support:

the Google Assistant intents were experimentally added - the Google assistant should react for “start sleep” and “open sleep”.
We have asked for “start sleep tracking” intent, but seems like this one has not been validated by Google, as this one is not working at the moment.
Those intents are not in the app, you do not need to enable them. Just say “Hey Google, start sleep” and Google will hopefully react properly and open the Sleep app on your phone

Google Home integration is in the validation process right now, but hopefully, they will approve us and it will work the same as for the Google Assistant.
Even the Google Assistant validation process is not finished yet, so not all intents we asked for are working. But this is only a matter of time.

3 Likes

Bump!!! Been looking everywhere for info on this!!!

1 Like

Hello, big thanks, as stated above, we have submitted this in mid February, and after few issues has been reported by Google and fixed we did not heart back so we are waiting for the approval now… so please stay tuned…

3 Likes

Looking forward to Google Home support so I can add it to my routines :slight_smile:

What about intent for other locales/languages. For Swedish start sleep tracking would be “Starta sömn-registrering”.

1 Like

Hello @andbir… many thanks… we try to use standard actions whenever possible and standard actions whould be localized by Google… so Swedish should be included… but we still did not get any approval confirmation…

2 Likes

Yes but there may not be any pre-existing vocabulary for the expression “Sleep tracking” in their dictionaries

Thank you for the update!

I know that “open sleep tracking” was working using Google Assistant but “start sleep tracking” wasn’t.

I was trying all types of combinations to get it working lol.

I can’t wait till it’s accepted, then my “Goodnight” routine will be complete!

1 Like

Any update on the Google Assistant and Google Home features?

3 Likes

Any updates? Would love to use it!

Hello, sorry for this. We have submited our initial implementation and asked Gogole for review but nothing happened, there isn’t anywhere in the Play Store console to track the progress… so we need to look into this…

4 Likes

Will watch with keep interest in this topic.

1 Like

your good information. and interesting question. but i am not idea.

any hope for this still?

Many thanks for the bump we will go over the setup once again and check everything…

1 Like

Are there any news on that? I use Sleep as Android since many years and it’s my most favourite app for sleep tracking and alarms. I recently started using the whole Google Home envoirement and it would be really cool, if I can connect both services together!

Hello @Dominik_Manser, we have updated the implementation my colleague @jiri-urbandroid maybe can comment on what features are present and now this is in staged roll out, then at some point this needs to be put on review by Google, either they should review this automatically or we need to notify them, we will do it once this is 100% out…