Garmin oximeter compatibility

There is a Sleep as Android app for Garmin smart watches but it doesn’t take advantage of the spo2 oximeter readings that these watches gather. The only oximeter currently supported by sleep as android was a terrible device. It lasted for two months before the power port became loose and shorted out. I’m not buying another one of those. Please add oximeter support to the Garmin connect IQ app!

Hello, sorry about your experience with the Berry Med oximeter. We are monitoring this closely, but at the moment we do not know about a device which would make the SPO2 data available through an API and at the same time had a design which is comfortable enough for tracking SPO2 during sleep…

Unfortunately Garmin does not make the SPO2 data available for 3rd parties…

I didn’t know that Garmin doesn’t allow that. Thank you for getting back to me! Hopefully in the future they will change that policy.

Yes hopefully, we are also looking at FitBit… but this is the same situation as Garmin… also we are not yet sure how reliable will data from the wrist be compared to the standard sensor placement on the finger…

Garmin added SpO2 support in CIQ 3.2.
Could you integrate it?

@Den we have integrated it ~ 1 month ago, but we could not test it on a real device, just in emulator… in emulator everything seemed ok… I have now again double checked the code and it seems it should be working… but so far we did not get any feedback on this… Does anyone has one of the SPO2 enabled devices which would provide us with feedback if this is working … and if it isn’t would you please use menu - send bug report and menu - send wearable bug report? Many thanks…