Garmin - can't connect with the app

For me, it doesn’t work. I have a freshly updated Vívoactive 4s and a Hisense A9.

1. I deleted the Sleep app from my watch.
  2. I got the beta.
  3. I downloaded the .prg file for Vívoactive 4s.
  4. I transferred the file to my watch with Android File Transfer (it was a nightmare).
  5. I restarted the watch
  6. I opened the Sleep app on my phone and on my watch. The app got stuck at the orange text “Connecting to phone…”.
  7. I restarted the watch app. This time I tried the other way round: I ran a nap from the phone app.
  8. The phone app showed “Garmin. Waiting for connectivity”. The progress bar made progress, but nothing happened.

I’d appreciate your help.

Hello @Sypianski … sorry for the issues, can you please update to latest Garmin Add-on? The issue should be fixed now… this was highly probably a recent regression in the add-on… when e migrated it to Android 13+ API levels…

About a week ago I started noticing that my Vivoactice 3 was showing the “connecting to phone message”.

This happens even though I started tracking from the watch, but then I noticed that when the tracking started on my phone the message “sleep not installed on garmin” appeared. This happens in spite the tracking showing the message “Garmin connected”:

When I go to the Garmin “Add-ons” on the app it looks like it is not installed on my watch:

If a click on the “Install”, it forwards me to a blank page on Garmin connect IQ:

I’ve lost all my data now, after uninstalling all apps and add-ons on my phone and watch, but nothing helps.
I have two different Vivoactive and the same happens on both.
I now need help finding out a solution

Enrique Mora