Garmin - can I get rid of the confirmation dialog at Sleep start? - Sleep as Android

When initiating sleep tracking from the phone, you have to confirm a dialog on the watch, asking you whether you want to launch Sleep. To initiate connection between the watch and phone, we need to start the Sleep app on watch - however, as designed by Garmin, it is not possible to programmatically start an app on the watch without asking the user for consent.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.sleep.urbandroid.org//faqs/garmin_start_dialog.html
1 Like

ask

I get the rationale Garmin provides about requiring the user to confirm before allowing an app to be started from the phone (though it’s a shame they don’t allow an exception for sleep tracking). However, now that I have moved from an Amazfit Bip to a Garmin Venu SQ2, if I have to remember too respond on the watch, is it possible to have the watch vibrate when the confirmation prompt appears? I am used to using Tasker to automatically start sleep tracking when I lay my phone gave down when powered and it’s after 10:30pm so my issue is forgetting that the watch is waiting for me to answer the confirmation prompt.

I guess you can consider this a feature request but it would help to know if it is even possible.