Galaxy Watch 4 support (WearOS / Samsung blend)

Hi there!

I’m switching from a Huawaei Watch 2 (WearOS) to a Galaxy Watch 4 (Wear OS 3 + Samsung customizations): is SaA expected to work on W4? What should I change withing SaA to continue monitoring with the W4?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Dario, I believe there should not be any issues with GW4… although we did not yet test it on the watch… so any feedback is greatly appreciated… we plan to purchase the watch in the future and also implement a banch of Wear OS 3.0 improvements…

Thank you Petr; should I leave SaA set to WearOS wearable or should I switch to “Samsung Gear / Galaxy Watch” in the settings?

You would need to set Wear OS … Samsung Gear / Galaxy option only works for Tizen devices… I think we will need to find some way to make it less confusing…

Hello guys, I just got my GW4 and I’m working on compatibility now as it is quite different from Wear OS… Would you please follow this thread:

​https://forum.urbandroid.org/t/samsung-watch-4/7976/8

I will announce any updates on the GW4 support there… I already have SPO2 support and a workaround to make alarm/tracking notifications visible…

Also in the latest BETA version there is a new wearable option specifically for GW4…