Galaxy Watch 4 heart rate not tracking since newest update

I have the same issue, heart tracking stops in the middle of night. I have simultaneously Samsung Health tracking for sleep on, does that maybe interfere?

Having this same issue, after enabled all mentioned above. The backround services worked for a bit but now iā€™m just like everyone elseā€¦broken. galexy 4 watch and S21ā€¦these restrictions are ridiculous. It seems the samsung health app gets a little more data then sleep app which redlines. Any ideaā€™s? workarounds? Thank you for any suggestions !

Galaxy Fold 4 has the same issue.

• Started about the 1st week of June 2022
  • Very random. Some nights it works, most nights it is like others
  • This morning I changed the battery to ā€˜Unrestrictedā€™ as mentioned above
  • I even uninstalled losing years of data to see if it would reset it, no luck.
    ** My goal was to do a full refresh install
  • Also disable Beta access before uninstalling/reinstalling

No luck. will see if the battery setting makes a difference.

Samsung Health is taking a reading one per the top of the hour, 1, 2, 3, 4 am etcā€¦

Tom

Hi there,
did allowing background activity solve the problem with continuous heart rate tracking for you? My phone is galaxy s20 FE and I am having the same trouble (the option is greyed out). If it did, could you give detailed instructions? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I got mine working with the method I posted:

Cheers

Iā€™m confused! I have successfully allowed background tracking but Iā€™m still getting a drop in monitoring (but not heart rate?). Fully willing to accept itā€™s a Samsung limitation.

Hi, this does not look like a drop of connection (the data on the top actigraphy are complete), but an awake detection went wild. Just from the screenshot, I would guess ā€œAwake when using phoneā€. What is your sensitivity level of this awake type (Settings > Sleep tracking > Awake detection)?

Hi lenka,

I am having simiar issues since the last update, but for me its the heartrate that isnt working anymore, see screenshot. As well as the sleep phases are not accurate anymore.
Any idea why?

My setup:

• Allowed background activity
  • Watch on Bedmode (display and vibration off)
  • Phone app isnt restricted
  • Bluetooth on

I tried resetting the watch, reinstalling the Watch App and Plugin on my smartphone.

Is Body sensor permission granted?
Regarding the sleep analysis - the second half of the movement graph is really wild - so it was marked as light sleep. Do you think you were moving a lot more than usual?
If you use the Left ā‰” menu ā†’ (?) Support ā†’ Report a bug, and send your logs, I can check the data set, and the HR too.

Thanks very much, Iā€™ve sent you the logsšŸ‘

Hello, could you please double check the following: Can you start the app on the watch and see if it is asking for the body sensors permission?

Hi!
Iā€™ve been using the app with Galaxy Watch 4 for a while now, but the connection with the watch is regularly lost before the alarm.
The background activity is allowed for watch and my phone (OnePlus 7 Pro).
The smart alarm clock is between 5:10 and 5:30 and the connection lost around 5 oā€™clock. The watch vibrates once, and the phone starts vibrating.
I donā€™t set an alarm on the weekend, so it records movement for up to 7 oā€™clock without any problems.

Hello,

Iā€™m on my second day using Galaxy Watch 5 and I installed Sleep as Android. It worked fine on the first day, but now itā€™s stuck in the situation shown in the attached image. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s interfering with Samsung Healthā€™s sleep tracking. I have the SPO2 setting enabled in Samsung Health.