Fossil Hybrid HR support

Fossil just announced the availability of their new Fossil Hybrid HR models with e-ink display. They have heart monitoring, sleep tracking, and alarm support in their app along with Google Fit integration.

That app appears to have been around for a while for older hybrid watches from Fossil. Maybe there is some support that can be reused?

Sleep tracking and smart alarms would be the interesting things to have in place.

+1! App having been there for quite a while, thereby the possibility of usable API’s being present is a promising notion.

I’m going to have a look at implementing this, and see how possible it could be on my own end tomorrow. Think it shouldn’t be too hard from what we already know.

2 Likes

+1 I heard a lot of people on the pebble sub thinking about this one. Also with a good battery life like 2 Weeks it would be a great watch for tracking your sleep. Since older Fossils are supported I would hope that we can use this watch soon.

1 Like

+1 for that

Anything new about that one?

1 Like

Hello, anyone knows of there is any API which would allow such integration?

Hi petr, if i had to find out what api exist, how would i go about it? Would bt-snooping and capturing logs help?

See this progress in Gadgetbridge:

Probably we can integrate it using their api

3 Likes

The Fossil Hybrid app has a “connected apps” section, which makes me think it must have some kind of API.

I just got one of these watches, and integration with sleep would make this watch everything I ever wanted in a wearable.

1 Like

Any updates on this topic?

2 Likes

Fossil Hybrid HR 's phone app is open-sourced.

Is there a way we can add “sleep as android” into this phone app?

1 Like

I bought a Fossil Hybrid Neutra a few months ago. Have been using sleep as Android for almost 10 years, starting with pebble and moving to Fossil Gen 5. Would be great to keep being able to use it for the Hybrid Neutra.