Floating average for sleep assessment

From Anonymous on 2015/02/05 05:29:02 +0000

Instead of just showing the overall average of sleep quality as assessed by the no. of stars, I think for statistical significance it would be better to have a 30d or 100d average continuously displayed as this is done e.g. for stock charts.

Copied from original feature request: http://urbandroid.uservoice.com/forums/264867-sleep-as-android/suggestions/7054582-floating-average-for-sleep-assessment

From Ildar on 2015/10/21 06:34:41 +0000

I agree with author of this idea. It is easy to implement and will give vallue to the app. Moving average is for example 30 days moving window on one year stats line. So each point of it line shows average value 30 days before and i can see it in dynamics. In app now you can use only cunulative average, si each point of this curve shows you average value from start (year before) till point date, i.e. size of moving window is changing

From Anonymous on 2015/04/27 16:16:15 +0000

Would be absolutely useful since overall statistics across all historic data (as is implemented now) is not of a real statistical value at all.
This is known as "moving average" and should not be a big hazzle to program it and provide very much more value to the app.

From Anonymous on 2015/02/11 17:46:32 +0000

Hi Peter, Thanks a lot for your reply. However, I am not sure whether this really meets my suggestion. Would you please search in the www for "200 day moving average" to see an example of what I originally meant? As far as I can see, the option you mentioned, is just calculating averages on the basis of a defined starting point in time but not a continuous "moving" average on an overall time basis which gives a very much clearer indication of trends. Maybe, however, I just do not find the correct option in the preferences of SleepAsAndroid!?