Fitbit Versa question

Hello!

Proper sleep hygiene struggling, years of off-shift working, sleep/nighttime anxiety having, complete and total insomniac here :wave:

I am planning on using the FB Versa with Sleep as Android to better manage my sleep and wake times in this uphill battle of mine…

Particularly, I want to utilize the Versa’s sleep cycle monitor and use the “auto-wake” function to rouse me when it detects that I am in a light sleep. I very much want to avoid the wake-up grog that - frequently - causes a lot of my day to be red-eyed, headache-y, and hazy…

It is already a struggle, as I am trying to wean off my dependency on sleep pharmaceuticals and such…

Will this functionality be built (currently being built/partially available in this beta) for Versa/SaA?

(By the way, the reviews that I have seen point to the Versa as having the best sleep cycle tracking accuracy in a wearable. Do you or anyone here believe that is true? Even compared to mattress strip monitors or bedside sleep monitors? )

(Are wearable monitors simply better at accurately sensing sleep cycles compared to non-wearables? And, is the Versa the best wearable option for sleep cycle accuracy in your opinion and/or experience?)

Please share! I am trying to build a solid plan to tackle my sleep problems and I am considering using this combination of tools.

Thank You!

I moved your post to its own topic because it talks about lot more than just the Fitbit integration and its current issues.

Integration with Sleep as Android doesn’t use Versa’s inbuilt sleep cycle monitor. I’m not sure how the auto-wake works in there so can’t help that. Sleep as Android has those features on its own.

So currently Sleep as Android integration with Fitbit has sleep cycle monitoring (with heart rate) and the smart alarm (what you call auto-wake).

Regarding the accuracy of the sleep tracking in Versa - this comes down to the algorithms used to analyze the sensor data. The sensors (accelerometers and heart rate sensors) are cheap parts that have been engineered to perfection so there isn’t really a device that would have better or worse sensors. I can only say that Sleep as Android has the most experience on the sleep phase detection algorithms among the trackers as we’ve been perfecting our algorithms for the past ten years.

Wearables have the best accuracy in motion sensing as there is no barrier between your body and the sensor.